tinks 69 vs code blue vs buck bomb

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
Do yall use that stuff? I use the buck bomb and tinks 69 together. I can tell you I have had deer come in and follow the buck bomb trail all the way to me and I love the stuff. I usually spray trees and plants on the way into the woods and out where I plan on shooting and have good success with that but the tinks I put on scent wicks around the wood lines if I am hunting fields. I also dont spray the whole aerosol can like it suggests to me thats overkill and too much scent. I like using those in combination so the bucks think its more than one doe around. Does anyone else do that?

lol unless you are hunting over a corn field which I do.... you will lose your truck and gun and license and have a hefty fine. I don't like fox P I had some bad experiences with that I had skunks trail me up to my stand at night / does acting scared when they smell that smell / foxes literally coming in trying to see what fox is in there territory I spray my boot bottoms with the buck bomb for walking coverscent and while in tree spray the back side of the tree and sides for cover scent.

All I use is skunk scent they smell that everyday.
Saw a guy in Wal Mart last year buying somekind of scent bomb, saying he had bought half a dozen or so and hadn't seen a buck yet. I ask him would you notice if someone poured your wife's perfume all over your living room? He said yea I said what do you think you are doing. The nose on a deer is his number one defense and not easily fooled.
Most of this stuff on the market is to catch hunter's attention not deer.

Caustic Burno":wignt9aq said:
I ask him would you notice if someone poured your wife's perfume all over your living room? He said yea I said what do you think you are doing. The nose on a deer is his number one defense and not easily fooled.

Perfume and collected Doe P are comparing apples to oranges... Maybe the deer down there are different than the ones here but here they come to that scent looking for the doe .. I am attaching a link to one of my videos I uploaded that the deer trailed me in my field where I walked with the buck bomb scent on my shoes. I had tinks hanging above my blind and you can see the deer walk in smelling and looking where the scents were and the outcome. I use to do the pine in the bag and my clothes but found i didnt have to with the scent killers out there they still walk underneath my stand and bobcats too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay7Cc8BfAtc

skyhightree1":2zjz8sdw said:
Caustic Burno":2zjz8sdw said:
I ask him would you notice if someone poured your wife's perfume all over your living room? He said yea I said what do you think you are doing. The nose on a deer is his number one defense and not easily fooled.

Perfume and collected Doe P are comparing apples to oranges... Maybe the deer down there are different than the ones here but here they come to that scent looking for the doe .. I am attaching a link to one of my videos I uploaded that the deer trailed me in my field where I walked with the buck bomb scent on my shoes. I had tinks hanging above my blind and you can see the deer walk in smelling and looking where the scents were and the outcome. I use to do the pine in the bag and my clothes but found i didnt have to with the scent killers out there they still walk underneath my stand and bobcats too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay7Cc8BfAtc

All I got to say is our deer are educated, that aint working here.
It wasn't many year's ago a deer came across the road someone was right behind it.
You get maybe opening week here in gun season, after a gun or two goes off they are totally nocturnal until after Christmas. It is nothing to have hundred of photo's on your game camera after dark and not see a deer for week's.
I kill more than most of these modern hunters every year in there camo and sitting in a stand. If you want one here you better be able to slip through a thicket and get up close and personal.

When I use to live on the side of the state Kenny Thomas is from I had to walk and stalk and it was rough but I got it done. Deer here only get nocturnal once we turn dogs out the first week. Yea, I agree with the deer cam pics. I kill more than most here cause I hunt everyday literally lol

Years ago I used Tinks but all it seemed to attract was young bucks. For a cover scent I step in a fresh cow pile on the way to the stand.

ousoonerfan22":1fk4y3ui said:
Years ago I used Tinks but all it seemed to attract was young bucks. For a cover scent I step in a fresh cow pile on the way to the stand.

If i step in a cow pie i know im not killing anything as the deer are not used to cow pies in the places I hunt.

I like CVA 50 for attracting deer...but for some reason they always fall over dead. Guess I use to much?
I usually go deer hunting after checking traps, so I already smell like every animal under the sun, works great for cover scent.

sim.-ang.king":1sj6o23d said:
I like CVA 50 for attracting deer...but for some reason they always fall over dead. Guess I use to much?
I usually go deer hunting after checking traps, so I already smell like every animal under the sun, works great for cover scent.

If you were a real trapper you would carry a CVA trapper 12 gauge. ;-)

Over the last 25 years I have taken nearly 100 whitetails with a bow and arrow with several being upper P&Y quality. In that game you really have to get up close and personal and scent control is key. One thing I have learned is that putting an attractant scent on your boots can be detrimental if the expectation is that a buck is going to follow you. As you walk the scent gets weaker with each step after applying the attractant. When a deer hits the trail he will most likely follow in the direction that the scent gets stronger in. I have witnessed this several times. They usually wind up heading to the truck :mad: I have had a few young inexperienced bucks follow towards me.

I have used Tinks, Code Blue, Golden Estrus etc and found that when a bigger buck hits the scent they circle to get downwind. Allot of times this circling maneuver eventually gets them downwind of me which is never a good thing no matter how clean I am or how much cover scent is used. These days I rarely use a cover scent or an attractant. I keep my clothes clean and scent free and I use Scent-Lok clothes, rubber boots and scent killing sprays. I only hunt stands that the wind is right for. Since I have started following the simple scent free rule I have killed more quality bucks than ever. Nothing will compensate for in-depth pre-season scouting. The best way to kill a big buck is to hunt where the big bucks are. If the big boys aren't using that area a Tinks shower and chewing Code Blue bubble gum will do nothing but make people avoid you :lol2:

I agree with Caustic that most of the products out there are geared to attract more hunters than deer. During the rut just hunt the does.............you find the does and the bucks will be along shortly. During the rut I don't worry about scents, scrapes, rubs etc. I look for where the does are. Nothing works better than the real thing. :2cents:

Thats funny I see the exact opposite here while I do agree with the scouting and using cams but here the deer seem to love scents or atleast on my place they do I only try to kill big bucks during black power season but when we turn the hounds loose I will shoot medium size bucks and alot of does.

Caustic Burno":18y4y9pd said:
sim.-ang.king":18y4y9pd said:

If you were a real trapper you would carry a CVA trapper 12 gauge. ;-)
:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :clap:

Latest posts