Timing

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
I am shaking my head today.
Got a call from the body shop to replace the bumper on our truck yesterday morning. Couldn't make it due to things already planned. Going in Monday morning, to get another estimate.
Took my son to Hunters Safety last night and on the way home hit a deer. :roll: :(
Bumper is now caved in on the driver side, fog light bracket is busted and the license plate bracket is completely off the truck.
Killed the deer. Neither one of us was hurt.
Only good thing is we have a new bumper waiting at the body shop. Talked to the insurance agent today and he asked if we had gotten the new bumper put on yet. He was glad that we hadn't. Rather glad I had other things to do yesterday.

I don't like "road" hunting. :)

Be glad you don't have kangaroos. Man they are solid. And emus for that matter. You hit and emu, you break his legs and the body comes straight for the windshield...

Elk, moose, or horses are the worst. When they get hit their legs are swept out from underneath them and they land on the roof or hood and come through the windshield.

Not sure how true it is but was told, the Wedge Tailed Eagle of Australia is not a bird you want to hit if it has just fed. (Think that was the birds name) as it lives on road kill and is full of magots, when it comes through the windscreen it explodes and smothers you in the things and it stinks.

It was about 2yrs ago I hit a turkey with my truck, busted the windshield 1week later hit another one took out the headlight on the drivers side DNR buddy told me couldn't turkey hunt cause I done got yearly limit.
I was going down the interstate one night about 3:30 am seen a car laying on its top with dust still flying around it.I pulled up behind it and 2 girls were climbing out the windows I asked them if they were alright which they were.So then I asked if they had fallen asleep they said no they swerved to miss a deer and that they had no idea that there were deer in WV.I didn't say another word. :clap:

chrisy":3sc5vvii said:
Not sure how true it is but was told, the Wedge Tailed Eagle of Australia is not a bird you want to hit if it has just fed. (Think that was the birds name) as it lives on road kill and is full of magots, when it comes through the windscreen it explodes and smothers you in the things and it stinks.

And they're big. Really big. But if you hit one it IS most likely because it was feeding on a roo carcass or something.

I havent hit a wedgey before, but I did get dive bombed by a suicidal galah once. no joke, he was up in a gum tree on the side of the road, I drove past and he just jumped out of his tree. hit my windscreen, cracked it straight up the middle, I had to get a new one, then he bounced off the top of the ute and landed in the tray.

hit a roo once in a friend's bubble car and totalled it. not fun.

We smoked a pigeon on the way to Perth and I was shocked how hard that hits. I remember mum was in an accident where a van hit a roo and rolled, she broke her shoulder in that. And someone else was saying they were driving north of my town and a whole heap of brumbies just ran across the road in front of him. Fortunately he could stop early and didn't hit any.

I hit one of the buzzards a couple of years ago and it only cost me about $2500.00 in damages. Needless to say, when I see buzzards, I slow down Quick!

Did you know that in the State of Georgia, all of the deer belong to the State? Actually, they belong to the State of Georgia until you hit one, and then the deer instantly belongs to you.

Wonder what would happen if I try that defense if anyone ever runs over one of my cows........