Timing is everything

Help Support CattleToday:

cfpinz

Reaction score
Interesting evening. Found a 450lb heifer stuck in a tree. She had got into the center of a sycamore with 6 or 8 shoots coming off in vee's and got herself hiplocked on the way out. Looked like she'd been there for 4 or 5 hours. After about 45 mins of pushing/shoving/cussing and prying she's alive and well. The ironic thing, I hadn't checked that lease in a week and a half.

cfpinz

It is weird how that stuff happens.

We had a bull get his nose ring stuck on the latch of a gate one time. we noticed he was standing weird when we got there, went and checked it out. got him unstuck, but we could tell he'd only been there for just a little while because there wasnt much of a mess (manure, messed up ground, etc) around him.

i had to get another calf out of a tree just a few weeks ago. nothing surprises me anymore.

Neighbor found a calf last Fall with it's head caught between 2 trees. It apparently was reaching for leaves, brought his head down in the "V", couldn't figure out to go high to again to get free. Struggled himself to death.

we had a 350lb bull calf get his head stuck in the " V " of a small walnut tree about ten years ago. He had his front feet about 3 inches off the ground. He hadnt been there more than two or three hours, my dad decided it would be a good time to casterate him. So we knifed him, and then finally got him out.

He wasnt dumb enough to try that one again. :lol: :lol:

The bull we have now a few years ago when there was snow on the ground tried to jump a fence. His front feet and his head were on the ground. His one back foot was stuck in the high tensil and the other one was up in the air. i don't know how long he was there, but he looked funny. I managed to cut the wire and get him where he belonged.

Our hereford friends bull jumped the fence and made himself a steer.

Latest posts