Times up !!!!!

Help Support CattleToday:

slick4591":35hbb7cu said:
I've been trying to think how old I was the last time granddad slaughtered hogs like this. I'm thinking around 8 years and I look at those pics and that smell comes back. After all the cutting he would pack them with salt in a wooden box that was taller than wide. Everyone around would tell him that he was packing the cuts backwards and when you got down to the better cuts they were so salty that boiling them didn't seem to make a big difference.

Yea only thing im packing with salt are hams and maybe a couple shoulders and the fat back. I ate a fresh pork chop never frozen last night it was good but a lil too fresh. I cant wait for the salty ham slices for breakfast biscuits then make gravy.

jltrent":38ydn5f7 said:
That is a pile of meat and looks good. How long will that last you?

Thanks with the way my kids eat probably 6 months... Honestly I will say a year if that. I will kill more and keep raising them if I got a lot of meat ill just keep 2 sell the rest

skyhightree1":30s59pzz said:
jltrent":30s59pzz said:

Thanks with the way my kids eat probably 6 months... Honestly I will say a year if that. I will kill more and keep raising them if I got a lot of meat ill just keep 2 sell the rest

That is a lot better than store bought, better quality. A lot of work there from the pigs to the finished product, but well worth it.

jltrent":3m65uv0z said:
skyhightree1":3m65uv0z said:
jltrent":3m65uv0z said:

That is a lot better than store bought, better quality. A lot of work there from the pigs to the finished product, but well worth it.

Completely agree I usually freeze my food a while before eating it but this time I cut a chop it was looking so good and fried it that same night and while it was good it was a lil too fresh tasting.

Sky you can PM me your address and i'll be right over to help you eat that!

skyhightree1":1nvduhik said:
ez14.":1nvduhik said:

if you come this far for it I should give it all to you :lol:
I agree! :nod: I should be there tomorrow night to pick it up!

Farm Fence Solutions":1c0pfnry said:
If you turn that fresh side into bacon......... :bang: I like that self draining scalding table. :D

I am glad you like it I designed it myself :lol: We already are working on getting the bacon cured .. Maple bacon

ez14.":1c0pfnry said:
skyhightree1":1c0pfnry said:
ez14.":1c0pfnry said:

Its waiting for you;-)

I love the small SCRAPS of jowl in my beans. But thick sliced and fried is the best meat that comes from a hog. The only bad thing is it will splatter some grease out of the skillet.

mwj":2v344fv4 said:
I love the small SCRAPS of jowl in my beans. But thick sliced and fried is the best meat that comes from a hog. The only bad thing is it will splatter some grease out of the skillet.

I took the jowl and salted it with the hams so they will be smoked as well and used is greens or beans or meat to eat with cabbage or to flavor cabbage

skyhightree1":f9ye9oco said:
Farm Fence Solutions":f9ye9oco said:
If you turn that fresh side into bacon......... :bang: I like that self draining scalding table. :D

I am glad you like it I designed it myself :lol: We already are working on getting the bacon cured .. Maple bacon

ez14.":f9ye9oco said:
skyhightree1":f9ye9oco said:

Its waiting for you;-)
thanks for the pork sky it's VERY GOOD!!! ;-)

This might be Sky in a few weeks.

1548_1528989054065655_2695660229492826841_n.jpg

Latest posts