Timeless Fance Posts

Help Support CattleToday:

That might be ok for electric fence. Idk.
My experience with PVC type fencing for livestock is it usually eventually fails. You want forever go with galvanized pipe and galvanized tpost. The tpost ain't much more than those plastic ones.......how the he'll do you drive a plastic post??

callmefence said:
That might be ok for electric fence. Idk.
My experience with PVC type fencing for livestock is it usually eventually fails. You want forever go with galvanized pipe and galvanized tpost. The tpost ain't much more than those plastic ones.......how the he'll do you drive a plastic post??

You are right it is for electric with high tensile. They will drive, but they also supposedly bend and don't break. That makes it good for electric. I am not saying they work I just don't know.

Btw my chubby fingers misspelled fence in the title.

I've used them on smooth HT and on woven HT fence. They are my preference. Drive them with the conventional drivers and they are very good at staying in the ground as compared to fiberglass posts - by a long shot. I'll put in miles more of them before I'm finished.

Ebenezer said:
I've used them on smooth HT and on woven HT fence. They are my preference. Drive them with the conventional drivers and they are very good at staying in the ground as compared to fiberglass posts - by a long shot. I'll put in miles more of them before I'm finished.

What was the cost compared to say a steel t-post?

sstterry said:
Ebenezer said:

What was the cost compared to say a steel t-post?
I bought bulk and got free shipping. The cost is not just compared to a steel t post. It is compared to the steel t post plus the required insulators. Then there is a labor and maintenance cost saving for me each year as I do not have shorts and insulator replacement due to the lovely whitetail deer. I use the 1.5" posts.https://timelessfencesystem.com/product/1-5-t-post/

I ordered there free sample pac. After reading the posts here and looking at there web site, I'm intrigued.
I guess my biggest concerns are that the end H braces would jack out in the soft ground in the spring. And it looks like you have to thread the wire through the post. I would think it would make it hard to incorporate them in an already existing fence.

SBMF 2015 said:
I ordered there free sample pac. After reading the posts here and looking at there web site, I'm intrigued.
I guess my biggest concerns are that the end H braces would jack out in the soft ground in the spring. And it looks like you have to thread the wire through the post. I would think it would make it hard to incorporate them in an already existing fence.

I use wood brace and a wood line post every 100'. You have the option to thread wire thru the post or use the typical tpost clips. I've done some of both.

I really like them. I've been dividing up some large pastures with a single strand of 180psi ht wire and using these for post. Makes my daily and bi daily polywire moves much faster. Pre drilled and pre painted make the little extra cost over fiberglass rods well worth it

T & B farms said:
I really like them. I've been dividing up some large pastures with a single strand of 180psi ht wire and using these for post. Makes my daily and bi daily polywire moves much faster. Pre drilled and pre painted make the little extra cost over fiberglass rods well worth it

We switched from PasturePro to Timeless, and love them. The Timeless corners and ends seem ridiculously expensive...just use a telephone pole or hedge post. We didn't thread through the holes, but just bought a big roll of soft galvanized wire and used short pieces to twist the fence wire to the holes. (loosely)

MO-Ruminants said:
We didn't thread through the holes, but just bought a big roll of soft galvanized wire and used short pieces to twist the fence wire to the holes. (loosely)

I haven't tried these yet, but they look interesting. BTW I am in no way affiliated with this company.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPq2HclHHwg[/media]

sstterry said:
MO-Ruminants said:
We didn't thread through the holes, but just bought a big roll of soft galvanized wire and used short pieces to twist the fence wire to the holes. (loosely)

I haven't tried these yet, but they look interesting. BTW I am in no way affiliated with this company.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPq2HclHHwg[/media]

Pretty slick. Thanks for posting.

Well, that new section of fence along the highway that WAS there, got clobbered by a car yesterday evening. The good part is that the girl was not hurt. The car was not so fortunate. I will cut out the section and get at least one wood post replaced. The story here - every timeless fence post is there and ready to go. I've seen them bend due to debris and trees down but these really "took a licking and kept on ticking".

Latest posts