Timed A.I. protocol Calculator

Help Support CattleToday:

HOSS

Reaction score
I am looking for an online calculator where I can input the day and time that I want to A.I. and it will automatically calculate backwards to the correct day and times to administer the GnRH and and PG injections. I may have to make one in excel but would prefer to find an online calculator. I wonder if there is one for both heifers and cows. It would be very handy if you could input the time you want to administer the first Gnrh injection and CIDR and it would spit out the times for the PG and A.I. Maybe I am just dreaming. Does anybody know if such a thing exists and where I may find it?

i have just made three in excel with different protocols for heifers and cows using ov sync and cidr and another for 6g6.

I also included areas for estimating cost of a total breeding.

I built these for my son who does custom AI so that he could work with customers in the bidding and buying area.

Having built them in excel I can easily change protocls.

no one has yet proofed them for me and I may have some minor errors but I think they are about ready to use. I tinker with this stuff a good bit.

If you would like to see one drop me an e-mail

[email protected]

pdfangus":13v2ysms said:
i have just made three in excel with different protocols for heifers and cows using ov sync and cidr and another for 6g6.

I also included areas for estimating cost of a total breeding.

I built these for my son who does custom AI so that he could work with customers in the bidding and buying area.

Having built them in excel I can easily change protocls.

no one has yet proofed them for me and I may have some minor errors but I think they are about ready to use. I tinker with this stuff a good bit.

If you would like to see one drop me an e-mail

[email protected]

pdf,

Email has been sent. Thanks.

pdfangus":3hci43u9 said:
since this morning my son and I have looked at them.

I found a couple of things and fixed them and put them up on my web site in excel.

feel free to save them for your use.

three different protocols are up and we may make some more.

http://www.pipedreamfarm.com

Excellent work pdf. You are indeed an asset to cattleman everywhere. :tiphat: :clap: :cowboy:

I went to the website and the cidr protocol for cows and heifers do not have the days that you put in cidrs and give shots. Otherwise it is a good site. I like the fact that you put down the prices for each item including the labor cost. Good job. :nod:

cowperson":82xseahz said:
I went to the website and the cidr protocol for cows and heifers do not have the days that you put in cidrs and give shots. Otherwise it is a good site. I like the fact that you put down the prices for each item including the labor cost. Good job. :nod:

cowperson,

It is there. Look over to the left hand side under breeding date and it will give the day and time for GNRH, PROSTAGLANDIN andGNRH etc. It does not specify CIDR but I figure that pdf assumes that the user will know to insert the CIDR at the same time as the first shot of GNRH.

Thanks for these. Im going to try and figure out how to save them and use them. Not really computer savy. If I can get it figured out it will be a huge help for us! Let us know if you come up with one for superovulations for embryo work! Thanks for the help!
Double R

Double R Ranch":1bu4a2yt said:
Thanks for these. Im going to try and figure out how to save them and use them. Not really computer savy. If I can get it figured out it will be a huge help for us! Let us know if you come up with one for superovulations for embryo work! Thanks for the help!
Double R

I think I will stay out of the embyologist's business. putting the protocol into a spreadsheet is easy but it seems to me that a lot of these guys all have their own little twist to what they want done when.

However if someone would like a calculator for a different protocol ......
now that I have made a template they are pretty easy to knock out and I would be happy to make one for other protocols.