Time

Help Support CattleToday:

ez14":2nvdyejq said:
did you watch any of the videos on the link i gave you on the saloon thread??

margo how did we come up with this idea of right and wrong? if we all came from nothing and are just a bunch of animals with no higher authority who gets to decide whats right or wrong? why shouldn't i go rob a bank? if i dont think its wrong

Right and wrong is subjective. Social behavior worked that out before man invented speech. Even cows have a social order. Let a cow mess with another's calf and you will observe that.

Boots":jru8ynwp said:
TexasBred":jru8ynwp said:
And here I am still trying to figure how far is "up".

Take two measurements when you wake in the morning. One laying in bed prone and one standing. The difference is "UP"
When you awake one morning and the measurements are the same. You have reached the end of TIME.

Perfect

Margonme":15giorbv said:
ez14":15giorbv said:

margo how did we come up with this idea of right and wrong? if we all came from nothing and are just a bunch of animals with no higher authority who gets to decide whats right or wrong? why shouldn't i go rob a bank? if i dont think its wrong

Right and wrong is subjective. Social behavior worked that out before man invented speech. Even cows have a social order. Let a cow mess with another's calf and you will observe that.
its subjective so if i decide i dont like it i can change it?

Kingfisher":1m07d45u said:
Do you think the Cubs will win the World Series?

I don't know. Are they playing in the World Series? If so, who are they playing against?

ez14":1m3bxjf4 said:
Margonme":1m3bxjf4 said:
ez14":1m3bxjf4 said:

its subjective so if i decide i dont like it i can change it?

Of course. If what you decide is contrary to what society decides, then you will suffer the consequences.

Social taboos on incest predate religion according to anthropologist. Mankind did not standstill and wait for the Pope to determine what is socially acceptable.

Margonme":1ad2w4xs said:
bball, step out of your Homo sapiens frame of reference.
its the only frame of reference i have

Now, in the scheme of the Universe, What significance does ANYTHING that occurs on earth have?
arguably, thats almost impossible to know. We can speculate, but have no way to verify or deny impacts in other locations of the universe

NONE. If the earth were to implode, it would not shake one molecule in another solar system. speculation. Life on planets light-years away from Earth are not impacted. Are we certain? EMradiation is not limited by distance, but only limited by that which absorbs it.

I will take this to the ultimate. What if the Universe contracts back onto itself and TIME, the Universe, Our Solar System, and Earth cease to exist. What consequences would there be?we all cease to exist. Along with everything we 'understand' and that which we do not as well Would someone write God a Violation and assess a penalty. Lol.who would be left to do that?

We as a species put far too much importance on ourselves.agreed In the context of the Universe: NOTHING HAS SIGNIFICANCE.
and at the same time, EVERYTHING has significance. Its the essence of the duality of the universe

Time is a concept, an idea; it doesnt exist autonomously. Time is motion or a measurement of change utilized by our minds to help interpret and predict our environment. I have had it expalined to me like this: we measure time of something by some motion and we measure motion of something by some time. Time exists in the construct of our mind. If we cease to exist, so does time, but space (universe) still exists.

Margonme":3phgp5ck said:
Commercialfarmer":3phgp5ck said:
Good questions. I have one as well. If time ends, was your entire career not a complete waste of effort and meaningless?

Regardless of whether time ends or continues, you can legitimately ask if any effort has merit, be it the effort of man or ant!

So if you believe that in end of time your action will have had no merit, why do you defend your past employment actions so adamately?

Doesn't sound rational, more like it was just a paycheck for you, like a enforcer working for the mob.

Nothing but a paycheck. We'll remember that the next time the subject comes up. ;-)

is so called dark matter is supposedly undetectable by us much like fish are not aware that they live in water.

Although it makes for a very good and easy to comprehend example.
I don't believe it's true. The fish thing I mean.

Boots":3lu6103j said:
TexasBred":3lu6103j said:

Take two measurements when you wake in the morning. One laying in bed prone and one standing. The difference is "UP"
When you awake one morning and the measurements are the same. You have reached the end of TIME.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Good one, Boots.

Margonme":1p9q046t said:
TexasBred":1p9q046t said:
"'Cosmology may look like a science, but it isn't a science,' says James Gunn of Princeton University, co-founder of the Sloan survey. 'A basic tenet of science is that you can do repeatable experiments, and you can't do that in cosmology.'"

Richard, fundamentally James Gunn is correct and in fact this is the point I am making. The Big Bang Theory is that: a Theory. The problem James Gunn has pointed out for many years is there is not an experiment that can test the Theory.

James Gunn is an astronomer who clearly has supported a natural origin for the Universe. His work has contributed to how galaxies are formed.

Biography of James Gunn:

Funding issues and practical applications aside, Gunn has absolute certainty about why we must continue to search the skies: "because we're sentient, curious people and it's important to our humanity to learn where we came from and where life came from… What these things do is underscore the fact that we should be humble… We shouldn't lose sight of the larger context."
Very very true.

Boots":1k6ud5xr said:
TexasBred":1k6ud5xr said:

Damm ......You're saying "I'm gonna wake up dead someday"?? :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap:

ez14":3l6bmjfz said:

Ez, I was not able to view the video. It requires registration. It said to check with your Church to determine if they have an account.

I decided not to pursue it. I was afraid they would take away my CT avatar.
8)

Margonme":3o71nyic said:
ez14":3o71nyic said:

Ez, I was not able to view the video. It requires registration. It said to check with your Church to determine if they have an account.

8)
Ron I'm amazed at how you always take everthing back to the church.

TexasBred":2vjinatz said:
Margonme":2vjinatz said:
ez14":2vjinatz said:

8)
Richard. That is what the video said. Ez posted a link in the Saloon. I tried to view it. It said to contact your Church. That is a fact!

PS: The Saloon is a forum administered by Slick.

Here is what I got. Maybe EZ knows a way around it.

If your church already has a RightNow Subscription, then you will need to contact either the account owner, or any of the admins on the account.

Margonme":3pb33s67 said:
TexasBred":3pb33s67 said:
Margonme":3pb33s67 said:

8)
Richard. That is what the video said. Ez posted a link in the Saloon. I tried to view it. It said to contact your Church. That is a fact!

PS: The Saloon is a forum administered by Slick.

Here is what I got. Maybe EZ knows a way around it.

If your church already has a RightNow Subscription, then you will need to contact either the account owner, or any of the admins on the account.
Thats to bad i think its something you'd be interested in (even if you disagree)

No i dont know a way around it we are watching it on dvd

Latest posts