Time, Time Stirs the Endless Seas

Help Support CattleToday:

Bright Raven

Reaction score
Casper: First bull purchased in 2011. Paid about $1200. I don't remember. A New Frontier Black Angus Bull.
294ht8l.jpg

htwnzk.jpg

This is Big Bertha. One of the first cows I bought after returning to Kentucky in 2010. Bought her and 3 others from my brother for $900 each. One came with a calf at her side. She weighed 1870 at the yards if I remember correct.
2nu5fs1.jpg

This was one of the original four. Blackie. I do remember her yard weight. 1920.
2mow6iv.jpg

This was my original herd. None of those are left. Except the one in the front with the blue ear tag.
iej79l.jpg

I talked about her on another thread, but my father had about 60 cows when he passed away in 2007, and I still have one of them. Barring unforseen circumstances she will die in my pasture.

greybeard":ng54mvkc said:
Bright Raven":ng54mvkc said:

Ya'll dress funny.
What's wrong with this picture?
Growing green grass, short sleeve tee shirt and ...... fleece lined boots.

My sister visited me that morning and took the pictures. It was muddy and those were boots from Montana. Yes. It does look funny.

Ron, those feeders are holding up well, I still see them in your photos of late.

I am going to reminisce through my old photos when I am in the nursing home.

Ken

melking":4811y2ep said:
Those are some big weights, I think. Is that a normal size? I suspect my biggest might tip at 1000 lbs
We sold 2 of our Simm/Angus a few years ago; one clocked in a 2063 and the other 2059. Our Steamroller is well over 2000 lbs but she's just fat without the Simmental influence.

Your Big Bertha looks a lot like my Gorgeous! Had to sell her and still miss her. BTW I named one of our heifer calves Big Bertha. Ironic she's the first one to show up and beg for cubes :)

melking":3iwzswyr said:
Those are some big weights, I think. Is that a normal size? I suspect my biggest might tip at 1000 lbs

Mel, these were big cows. My dad and brother ran cows for 40 years. Anything under 1700 pounds was a runt to them.

wbvs58":1ldly20o said:
Ron, those feeders are holding up well, I still see them in your photos of late.

Ken

Pity the owner hasn't held up as well.

Ken

wbvs58":s4vuzaps said:
wbvs58":s4vuzaps said:

Ken

Pity the owner hasn't held up as well.

Ken

I was thinking the same. :D

Latest posts