Time Runneth Over

Help Support CattleToday:

Bestoutwest

Reaction score
The thread on people being late got me to thinking. I really don't like when people are late to things, and I hate being the late guy. But the thing that really, REALLY gets my goat is when people have meetings/appointments that run over. For instance: The other night we had Cub Scouts. My wife decided to sign up as an assistant den leader. They had a meeting after the meeting, which started at 7 and should have been done by 8. So, I take my son home, scream through a bath and some homework, get him something to eat and scream back down the road to pick her up by 8. We got there at 8:02 which I figured was fine b/c usually these things have a tendency to run a bit late. We were there until 8:26. :bang: It wasn't her fault at all, the head master person decided they needed to go over a bunch of other things after he told everyone they'd be out by 8. To me, that's a lot more disrespectful of a person's time than being 5 minutes late to meet them.

No more disrespectful to me but definitely equal. Every meeting or board needs a good leader to keep people on track. At my church board meeting last night we must have ran a hundred rabbits. I don't need a gossip session either; get down to business and get the heck out.

Dogs and Cows":3v5a93oe said:
She could have gotten up and left...

Which could have reflected poorly on her. This is our first year, and it was our second meeting. As we're trying to put our best foot forward, there's certain things you don't do.

J&D Cattle":3v5a93oe said:
No more disrespectful to me but definitely equal. Every meeting or board needs a good leader to keep people on track. At my church board meeting last night we must have ran a hundred rabbits. I don't need a gossip session either; get down to business and get the heck out.

When we have meetings at work there is a certain group of women that feel the need to interject constantly. In my head I yell "Shut the he// up!!" at them. It never works, but at least it makes me feel better.

Bestoutwest":k5myeczw said:
Dogs and Cows":k5myeczw said:

Which could have reflected poorly on her. This is our first year, and it was our second meeting. As we're trying to put our best foot forward, there's certain things you don't do.

J&D Cattle":k5myeczw said:

When we have meetings at work there is a certain group of women that feel the need to interject constantly. In my head I yell "Shut the he// up!!" at them. It never works, but at least it makes me feel better.

:lol: , no kidding. I was doing the same thing last night.

Bestoutwest":3muw1xmg said:
Dogs and Cows":3muw1xmg said:

J&D Cattle":3muw1xmg said:

blow,shuffle your feet , and keep looking at your watch...

Bestoutwest":1llqnd10 said:
Dogs and Cows":1llqnd10 said:

Could have, True. BUT the manner in which she did this would and could make a huge difference. Standing up and pardoning herself while apologizing and saying she had another appointment and she was understood the meeting would end at 8 pm could also sent a valuable message to the leader and others that your wife's time is valuable and her donation of her time is more than just filling idle hours. Besides, isn't part of the core values of scouting is honesty, being courteous, kind and being thrifty? I think the leader needs to be reminded of this because if the leader isn't what can your child learn from someone who doesn't abide by the core principles of scouting?

Latest posts