Time here

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I've spent way too much time on these boards today, but I have a great excuse. There's been some type of liquid falling out of the sky. Not sure what to make of it, but it has some strange properties. It seems to melt all the clods in the fields and close all the cracks in the pastures. Real messy but it makes everything look greener. Seems like I remember something like this in the distant past. Can't quite remember what it's called, but it sure is nice.

just don't look up and try to drink it, or you might drown like the turkeys???? congratulations on that green color. I grew up with it all over the place, the most boring color I can think of, however, having moved to sagebrush/sand and high desert.... once in awhile the green is rather refreshing!

[email protected]

Dpn't wish for too much of it. After 3 years of drought and well into the fourth, we got 15 1/2 inches of it in ten days early last month, yesterday we got the first since then, a whole 2/10 of an inch. Looks like the drought isn't over, just relieved a little bit. BTW we refer to it as chunky humidity.

dunmovin farms

> I've spent way too much time on
> these boards today, but I have a
> great excuse. There's been some
> type of liquid falling out of the
> sky. Not sure what to make of it,
> but it has some strange
> properties. It seems to melt all
> the clods in the fields and close
> all the cracks in the pastures.
> Real messy but it makes everything
> look greener. Seems like I
> remember something like this in
> the distant past. Can't quite
> remember what it's called, but it
> sure is nice.

Craig, I've noticed the same phenomenon these last few days. Not sure what it is either, but at my place it seems to cause the dirt to stick to my boots (they get heavier with each step) instead of the little dust clouds that I've grown accustomed to! Maybe I won't have to make another trip to the auction barn next week after all.

And if anybody needs some signs for your cows to hold on street corners I have some nice ones that say "WILL WORK FOR GRASS" --- I may be able to spare a few now.

Latest posts