Time for your weekly Craig'sList chuckle

Help Support CattleToday:

Arnold Ziffle

Reaction score
What a deal -- and just in time to sire some calves to be born in the blazing hot Texas summer. :) I really wonder what these bozos are thinking when they post those ads with such sorry looking specimens. Maybe they figure PT Barnum was right. These two bulls are in Bastrop, Tx., but I dare say they're not Steiner Brangus bulls!

http://houston.craigslist.org/grd/1344059697.html

But every now and then you run across a deal thats not too shabby:

http://houston.craigslist.org/grd/1343142408.html

Strong hindquarter. It just goes to show you butts are overrated.

3k83oa3pb5Qd5Rc5Sd98q4da098f512741a6d.jpg

CLASS: Phenotype "101"

LESSON FOR THE DAY: Recognizing and Understanding UNacceptable Visual Genetics (Phenotype) - Carefully study and analyze the available pictures in this thread, with the full realization that "pictures" are NEVER the most preferred protocol for seedstock selection. Referencing back to your previous classes and lessons regarding physical appearances for the purpose of identifying and evaluating desirable anatomical, physiological and functional traits and characteristics of optimal seedstock individuals, scrutinize judiciously the characteristic appearance of these animals, and after deep analysis of skeletal structure and expected appearances of their progeny - WHATEVER - females to whom they may be mated - purposefully place your lower lip firmly against your upper teeth, exhaling FORCEFULLY through teeth and lower lip, and, with vigor, say - "FUNNEL BUTT!

HOMEWORK FOR TODAY: Peruse Breed Magazines, Sale Catalogs, Pictures of previous Show Champions (WHATEVER breed!) and submit three pictures which, in your opinion, more closely approaches the IDEAL example and specimen of an ACCEPTABLE seedstock Bull which will emphasize improvement of breeding decisions in most of the Beef Cattle herds of today.

AGAIN - ONE MORE TIME - pronounce the words -FUNNEL BUTTS!

Class dismissed!

DOC HARRIS

JEEZUS!! What is wrong with some people, seriously. How can ANYONE think those bulls have ANYTHING to offer??

Man oh man, just when I think I've seen it all.... something like this pops up.

LazyARanch":acjmvxdr said:
OMG.....

my ex had a butt like that!!! (he wasn't much of a bull either... LOL) :shock:

:banana:
"Now thats funny, I don't care who you are" - Larry the Cable Guy

Looks good except for the sheath. Needs circumcising. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: Would like to see the cows he's breeding.

Killala":17q9g63i said:
JEEZUS!! What is wrong with some people, seriously. How can ANYONE think those bulls have ANYTHING to offer??

Man oh man, just when I think I've seen it all.... something like this pops up.

It is black and therefore MUST be superior

I have never looked at this Craigs List - I must do that sometime

Bez+

At least these bulls would explain where that awful McDonald's Angus burger I had came from! But as Bez says, they're black so must be worth more at the sale barn!

$200 a month with a 3 month minimum. Why buy a bull when you can rent one for $600. :roll: I bet he gets some calls too.

Walt

Roadapple":1pzjpo6k said:
I'm sure that's one of Copyrights offspring.

And probably demetrius as maternal grandsire. As stated earlier: breed the best to the best!

Latest posts