Time for a side by side/UTV

Help Support CattleToday:

M.Magis":9jv3k7ks said:
The only issue with the diesels, in my experience (Kubota), is that they're loud and slow. It took some of the pleasure out of driving arund the farm. But there's not much they won't do.
We've had a variety and most people here have one kind or another... Daughter has a Massimo, i find it very uncomfortable. We've had Rangers, spent more time in the shop...and most of us know when it has to go to the shop, its there weeks. It seemed cheaply made, specially after we got the Gators. I hear a ranger now and it sounds like a vibratie windup toy. Another neighbor has a Kawasuckie, it also looks and sounds like a toy.
When i say we drive the heck out of our gators, its hard to explain, lol.... no way no how would a gas engine UTV take as much punishment.

cowgirl8":2jsiormb said:
M.Magis":2jsiormb said:
The only issue with the diesels, in my experience (Kubota), is that they're loud and slow. It took some of the pleasure out of driving arund the farm. But there's not much they won't do.
We've had a variety and most people here have one kind or another... Daughter has a Massimo, i find it very uncomfortable. We've had Rangers, spent more time in the shop...and most of us know when it has to go to the shop, its there weeks. It seemed cheaply made, specially after we got the Gators. I hear a ranger now and it sounds like a vibratie windup toy. Another neighbor has a Kawasuckie, it also looks and sounds like a toy.
When i say we drive the heck out of our gators, its hard to explain, lol.... no way not how would a gas engine UTV take as much punishment.

Unless you have to old turf Gator... you pretty much have a green Mule. Even the turf Gator probably has a Kawasaki motor. :tiphat:

... and yes the Kubotas are loud and slow.... and heavy. :) They have their purpose. All the diesels are loud compared to the gas. On the new Mule Pro the diesel shows less hp and is several thousand dollars more expensive.

Brute 23":27mniejf said:
On the new Mule Pro the diesel shows less hp and is several thousand dollars more expensive.
And almost painfully LOUD

The noise factor on any of them goes up when you add a top and even more with doors. But the diesels are bad even with an open top. Knock on wood, my Ranger has been near flawless for me the last 3.5 years. Can't recall how many miles I have on it, but it gets used every day. It doesn't have some of the luxuries others have, but I was just looking for a reasonably priced jack-of-all-trades UTV. In that aspect, it's perfect.