Time for a new superduty Your thoughts

Help Support CattleToday:

Thanks for all the replies everyone. Right now Im just going to wait an see what happens. My trucks running great so why take a chance on a new one. One thing for sure it will be a Ford. The Cummins is alright just dont like the package its wrapped around. IMO the superduty is by far the best truck around for build quality an toughness. Hope the next one is as good. To you guys out there that have never had a superduty. Once you get one youll never get anything else.

until they make a pickup with a CAT engine :lol: ...powerstrokes are the best...thats my opinion :)

cowboy13":17a73w3n said:
I have a Cummins HO and a 7.3 and the Cummins will out pull the 7.3 any day. I'm with crowder on the Cummins. Tried to trade the 7.3 for another Cummins and they would only give me 10,000 for the POS.

I guess you aint been in this world long enough to get a truck broken in...Fords get broken in...Dodges get broken down...now I aint saying a cummins aint powerful...but it dont matter how powerful an engine is if it aint got longevity...younguns always talk about how much a truck can pull...a pickup could have a 800 horsepower engine with 2000 pounds of torque...but if you hooked it up to a 40 foot trailor...the trailor is still gonna throw the pickup around...a 7.3 liter has all the power you need in a 3/4 or 1 ton pickup truck

cowboy13":32owfnpu said:
The 350 is way more comfortable to ride in, but the Cummins will out pull it any day. I like the looks of the 350 better than the Cummins too.

I like the looks and motor of Fords...aint got nothing against Cummins...just always desired a Ford...I believe a powerstroke and a cummins have enough power to pull anything thats needed for a truck their size...until you get up to trailors you'd need a heavier truck with so it dont get thrown all over the road

The cummins is a great motor just Dodge doesn't make the bodies and drivetrain durable enough to outlast the engine.

bubchub":f8fypthi said:
The cummins is a great motor just Dodge doesn't make the bodies and drivetrain durable enough to outlast the engine.

i've heard a lot of bad stuff about Dodge transmission...not too much bad stuff about the cummins though...just their transmission...maybe they should take a cummins motor...an allison tranmission...and a Ford body...make a truck from all 3 of em :)

bubchub":27mn3tim said:

Bingo! This was told to my Dad my several service department managers who worked for Ford dealerships.

Heritage_Farmboy":1axfbui0 said:
bubchub":1axfbui0 said:

i've heard a lot of bad stuff about Dodge transmission...not too much bad stuff about the cummins though...just their transmission...maybe they should take a cummins motor...an allison tranmission...and a Ford body...make a truck from all 3 of em :)

:) That would sure be a great truck.

Just stay away froim 03 and 04 model 6.0 ford diesels.

Ford is offering an additional $2500 rebate to owners of the trucks who buy new trucks. If that's not an admission the engine had problems, I don't know what is. I think they got the kinks worked out with the 05s however.

Rebate is not available to owners of 03 model trucks with the 7.3 engine.

You'll see lots of these on the used lots because of this rebate and there will proably be some good deals on them. Just know they have some problems before you buy.

Subsoil":rpyw2xex said:
Just stay away froim 03 and 04 model 6.0 ford diesels.

Ford is offering an additional $2500 rebate to owners of the trucks who buy new trucks. If that's not an admission the engine had problems, I don't know what is. I think they got the kinks worked out with the 05s however.

Rebate is not available to owners of 03 model trucks with the 7.3 engine.

You'll see lots of these on the used lots because of this rebate and there will proably be some good deals on them. Just know they have some problems before you buy.

The rebate is called "owner loyalty rebate". There is another $2500 available from the dealer. While I do agree with the 03 warning I know of several with over a 100K of trouble free miles. The 04's have reportedly had fewer problems than the 05's. Some of the early 04's still had 03 motors or a hybrid between 03 and 04. The 05's have had more recalls than the 04's. They are all the same, good ones and bad ones in every brand.

I have a friend who is the service manager of a rather large Ford dealer and he says Ford is doing this to sell the 06's on the lots because Ford thinks everyone is going to trade their 03, 04, and 05's for the new 6.4L due out for 07. They think they will get stuck with 6L's on the lot like they did with the 7.3L when the 6 came out.

BTW, I have both the 7.3 and the 6L and both are excellent trucks. Then again it's just my opinion and my opinion isn't worth anything. :oops:

I have an '06 with 6.0 and auto. Only problem I have had is one of the injectors quit going down the interstate at 75. Motor shuts down completely.

The other thing is fuel milage. I only get about 13 or 14 highway and 12 pulling GN horse trailer. MPG got worse after recall work was done this spring.

What kind of MPG are yall getting?

Johnny

18MPG @ 75MPH unloaded, 17MPG @ 80MPH
12MPG pulling the stock trailer with or without cattle in it.

I have a 95 F250 regular cab 7.3 Diesel. It has been an excellent truck, lots of power to pull trailer and veryb reliable. With 430,000 km and a need for more room we bought a new F350 with 4 doors and the 6.0 litre. I am very impressed! This new truck has even more power than the 7.3, as good or better fuel economy and it rides much much better despite being a heavier, larger truck.

I was suprised to read that somebody thought their 7.3 had more power than the 6.0. That is not the case here. Would it have anything to do with the fact that we are in Canada and our emission laws are different?

The 6.0 litre trucks are developing a very good reputation here. Everyone I know who has one likes it. The Duramax is another story, lots of trouble with them, and the Dodge, well the engine seems to be reliable enough but My Ford will outpull it and, well, it is still a Dodge!

Love my truck!

Fact: A cummins Diesel will out pull ANY Ford off the line with a lot more weight behind it! A cummins can be rebuilt along the road if need be. A Ford is way to cluttered up to even think about doing any work to it quickly. This is coming from a Ford man, never have owned a dodge! Love my FORDS!!

Crowderfarms":1nh64bst said:
flaboy-":1nh64bst said:
Ut oh, wait till Crowder see's Seth's post. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I remember a time, being a Ford preacher. Then I saw the light,Dodge.

Crowder, I think that light you keep seeing is the "Check Engine Light". :lol:

Herefordcross":1hp08rs4 said:
Fact: A cummins Diesel will out pull ANY Ford off the line with a lot more weight behind it! A cummins can be rebuilt along the road if need be. A Ford is way to cluttered up to even think about doing any work to it quickly. This is coming from a Ford man, never have owned a dodge! Love my FORDS!!

A REAL Ford man would never say this. :lol:

I will look around and see if I still can find the test results of the Chebby, Dodge, and Ford test they had a while back. It was in Car and Driver I think. I will look for when I get some time.

flaboy-":1kij6dq2 said:
Crowderfarms":1kij6dq2 said:
flaboy-":1kij6dq2 said:
Ut oh, wait till Crowder see's Seth's post. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I remember a time, being a Ford preacher. Then I saw the light,Dodge.

Crowder, I think that light you keep seeing is the "Check Engine Light". :lol:
The 2 last Pooper Doodies I owned, spent a combined total of almost a month back at the dealer for warantee work.You cant keep the front ends of them Dana axles in alignment, injector problems etc.I've had no problems since I went with a Dodge.Just dirty looks from Ford owners.

Herefordcross":2yk3vi7s said:
A cummins can be rebuilt along the road if need be. A Ford is way to cluttered up to even think about doing any work to it quickly.

Maybe because the one needs to be fixed along side the road often and the other doesn't

dun

Latest posts