Time flys

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Got a call today from a long time customer. He said he had a fella wanting to purchase his bull but wanted to make sure we had one to replace him before he let him go. The boss said wow that has been a few years since you purchased him, I looked it up the bull is 8. Love it not only did he like the bull but the bull has longevity! Our cousin called this fall said I think it's time to replace our bull looked him up he was 10. As a seed stock producer we want our customers to be profitable, when a customer can use a bull for 6 to 9 years it helps them be profitable and makes this breeder do a happy dance!

Gizmo

That is great, and proof that you are raising good productive cattle. I don't hear of many bulls staying around that long. I haven't kept any past 5 years at the most, most time about 3 years old. My biggest issue is when they get big enough that they can go where ever they want. Have had a few that I would have liked to kept longer.

That's awesome. Charley Boyd said whenever you have pleased customers bringing you new customers you know you've arrived.

Latest posts