Timber Rattler

Help Support CattleToday:

wacocowboy":2636ng1n said:
dun":2636ng1n said:
wacocowboy":2636ng1n said:
When my wife hit one not only did the state not cover the damage their deer did DPS sent a letter saying my wife got points added to her driving record. So many point and you lose your license and have to pay to get it back.
YGBSM!

What the heck is YGBSM!? Sorry I am not up to date with all you youngsters and your text language lol.

Do you realize that you just called Dun a "youngster"? Not saying that he is old but he was here when dirt was invented.

Dave":14chdoo1 said:
wacocowboy":14chdoo1 said:
dun":14chdoo1 said:

What the heck is YGBSM!? Sorry I am not up to date with all you youngsters and your text language lol.

Do you realize that you just called Dun a "youngster"? Not saying that he is old but he was here when dirt was invented.
Been a LOOONG time since I was called that.

dun":2casaygl said:
Dave":2casaygl said:
wacocowboy":2casaygl said:

Lol Dun is plenty young.

wacocowboy":1p7t2s4b said:
dun":1p7t2s4b said:
Dave":1p7t2s4b said:

Lol Dun is plenty young.
Compared to CB that's a fact!

wacocowboy":kjrdxcn7 said:
So was watching Lone Star Law on Animal Planet (Love that show) I saw a kid get a ticket for killing a timber rattler had to pay a 300 dollar fine and 700 in restitution. Dang 1000 for killing a snake. If you going to kill one don't post on Facebook that was that kids mistake.

The timber rattlesnake is considered extinct in Maine and Rhode Island. In the states of Vermont, Ohio, Indiana, New Hampshire, Virginia and Massachusetts, the timber rattlesnake is endangered. The timber rattlesnake is widely distributed over the southeastern United States, as far north as Maine and as far west as Texas, nevertheless, it has been extripated over much of its range. Looking back to 1972 to 1974 when I was collecting snakes, it was extremely rare to find abundant populations of timber rattlesnakes in Kentucky. Personally, I favor protection of timber rattlesnakes regardless of how unpopular that position might be.

Bright Raven":2l6cpgtf said:
wacocowboy":2l6cpgtf said:
So was watching Lone Star Law on Animal Planet (Love that show) I saw a kid get a ticket for killing a timber rattler had to pay a 300 dollar fine and 700 in restitution. Dang 1000 for killing a snake. If you going to kill one don't post on Facebook that was that kids mistake.

The timber rattlesnake is considered extinct in Maine and Rhode Island. In the states of Vermont, Ohio, Indiana, New Hampshire, Virginia and Massachusetts, the timber rattlesnake is endangered. The timber rattlesnake is widely distributed over the southeastern United States, as far north as Maine and as far west as Texas, nevertheless, it has been extripated over much of its range. Looking back to 1972 to 1974 when I was collecting snakes, it was extremely rare to find abundant populations of timber rattlesnakes in Kentucky. Personally, I favor protection of timber rattlesnakes regardless of how unpopular that position might be.

I favor the extinction of all snakes.

Bright Raven":2hbccp3g said:
wacocowboy":2hbccp3g said:

Good post, BR.

Bright Raven":24mqucl6 said:
wacocowboy":24mqucl6 said:

Yeah I didn't know they were endangered or anything until I saw it on that show the other night.

True Grit Farms":2up9ax6v said:
Bright Raven":2up9ax6v said:
wacocowboy":2up9ax6v said:

I favor the extinction of all snakes.

+1X100
I agree 100%

The people of Maine and Rhode Island have done an exemplary job of eradicating this dangerous animal. The populations of the states of Vermont, Ohio, Indiana, New Hampshire, Virginia and Massachusetts, are not far behind and the timber rattlesnake is in danger of losing there as well. Us folks in Texas and other southern states need to up our game more than just a little.

Bring me the hoe!!!

In my part of east texas, I have not seen any rattlesnakes, but we are over run with copper heads. Just about lost a dog to a copper head last year.

greybeard":126uwsqn said:
The people of Maine and Rhode Island have done an exemplary job of eradicating this dangerous animal. The populations of the states of Vermont, Ohio, Indiana, New Hampshire, Virginia and Massachusetts, are not far behind and the timber rattlesnake is in danger of losing there as well. Us folks in Texas and other southern states need to up our game more than just a little.

Bring me the hoe!!!

They are in dangered here as well.

Txpiney":ahfqsjym said:
In my part of east texas, I have not seen any rattlesnakes, but we are over run with copper heads. Just about lost a dog to a copper head last year.

Our dogs have been bit so many times they don't even really swell up anymore. They like killing them. Benadryl and an aspirin do the trick!

ricebeltrancher":2ewbhko9 said:
Txpiney":2ewbhko9 said:

Our dogs have been bit so many times they don't even really swell up anymore. They like killing them. Benadryl and an aspirin do the trick!

Thanks Ricebeltrancher, I'll have to remember that remedy. Heck of a lot cheaper than a better visit.

ricebeltrancher":paf3gimu said:
Txpiney":paf3gimu said:

My vet said he has never saved one out of hundreds bit by a timber rattler.
We are ate up with four to six footers.
The only hope here if you value your dog is snake proofing and viper cloth vest. Even snake proofed the can accidentally get on one.
Viper cloth vest

After loosing four good squirrel dogs to them through the years I got with a company in Texas that makes vest for hog dogs we designed one for the terriers

Caustic Burno":1v8anuc4 said:
ricebeltrancher":1v8anuc4 said:
Txpiney":1v8anuc4 said:

My vet said he has never saved one out of hundreds bit by a timber rattler.
We are ate up with four to six footers.
The only hope here if you value your dog is snake proofing and viper cloth vest. Even snake proofed the can accidentally get on one.
Viper cloth vest
What do you mean by snake proofing a dog?

Mine have attended rattlesnake school.
The snakes mouths are banded shut and the dog is fitted with a shock collar.
When the pup reaches hunting age before taking afield they are educated.
Every one I ever saw will approach a rattlesnake when the snake strikes gives them a heck of dose of electricity.

My terrier has a bark for snakes and won't approach one.
She alerted me to a big chicken snake in the yard yesterday.
She never got closer than 10 feet .

My dogs also get the rattlesnake vaccine and a booster every three months.

http://www.redrockbiologics.com/rattles ... ne_faq.php

Latest posts