Til death do us part

Help Support CattleToday:

MO_cows

Reaction score
That's the vow I took and I meant it. But notice, nothing said about CAUSE of death. Because this might be the time I have to kill him!

He bought a used SUV for a song. Great, way to go honey, let's fix it up a little and flip it. Proceeds to benefit the New House Fund. We can triple our money. But he's falling in love with the darn thing and talking about keeping it. He insured it and licensed it today! This is a man who already has a "good" pickup, a farm pickup, another SUV, and a Harley that doesn't even get ridden but once in a blue moon. We're paying property taxes and insurance on all that. Our assessment list is becoming a scroll. He's killing me on trying to squeeze a new house build out of our budget...and I might have to return the favor.

For better or worse... I interpreted it as meaning that there would be good and bad but it's clearly written as an either or scenario.

Do you really need a new house?
No doubt he does really need his stuff. Stuff helps a man stabilize and from that point he can get his bearings, plot a course, and move forward.
Disrupt this process and major, but often unrecognized, problems can result.

Ryder":3pqgfjrc said:
No doubt he does really need his stuff. Stuff helps a man stabilize and from that point he can get his bearings, plot a course, and move forward.
I take it your wife doesn't read what you post here either, huh?

Best way to keep a spouse from spending all the discretionary income is to spend it yourself before they have a chance to.
I was taught, then mastered this regimen decades ago.

Ryder":119jh5jb said:

Yes, we NEED the new house. Our current home is too small and old enough it won't take us into our golden years. This is not a frivilous desire for a McMansion, but rather that our current home is not meeting our needs and this will only get worse going forward. I'm sharing a tiny bathroom with two men for Pete's sake...ewwwww.

He does need stuff and he has stuff. I don't say a word when he buys good quality tools and such. Well I confess I did grumble about the $400 air compressor because he mostly just airs up tires with it. But honest this isn't the grumbling of some girly girl who doesn't get it and would rather spend money on a weekly pedicure. I'm trying to squeeze a house build out of a limited budget and that means we don't get everything we want right now.

Good luck with it MO_cows, as long as the roof isn't leaking on my bed, I'm good. We're in the process of down sizing and going off grid. He who dies with the most toys wins.
Hopefully you can get him on the same page as you. A good woman needs a nice house.

Didn't say anything about big. But a woman sharing a bathroom with 2 men? It's not going to work for long with my wife.

MO_cows":2be3yfxa said:
Ryder":2be3yfxa said:

Yes, we NEED the new house. Our current home is too small and old enough it won't take us into our golden years. This is not a frivilous desire for a McMansion, but rather that our current home is not meeting our needs and this will only get worse going forward. I'm sharing a tiny bathroom with two men for Pete's sake...ewwwww.

He does need stuff and he has stuff. I don't say a word when he buys good quality tools and such. Well I confess I did grumble about the $400 air compressor because he mostly just airs up tires with it. But honest this isn't the grumbling of some girly girl who doesn't get it and would rather spend money on a weekly pedicure. I'm trying to squeeze a house build out of a limited budget and that means we don't get everything we want right now.
Oh, the irony.. :lol: :lol:
It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with the simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong.

MO_cows":6kspq0pv said:
That's the vow I took and I meant it. But notice, nothing said about CAUSE of death. Because this might be the time I have to kill him!

He bought a used SUV for a song. Great, way to go honey, let's fix it up a little and flip it. Proceeds to benefit the New House Fund. We can triple our money. But he's falling in love with the darn thing and talking about keeping it. He insured it and licensed it today! This is a man who already has a "good" pickup, a farm pickup, another SUV, and a Harley that doesn't even get ridden but once in a blue moon. We're paying property taxes and insurance on all that. Our assessment list is becoming a scroll. He's killing me on trying to squeeze a new house build out of our budget...and I might have to return the favor.

MOcows, you have recieved plenty of responses some I'm sure was in jest. But I say drug him, break out the emasculators and video tape it ........ But please don't post it without a70% approval rate. :shock:

In seriousness it's tough when both spouses are not on the same page.... But remember a 70% approval rate. :lol:

MO_cows":3orx36hm said:
Ryder":3orx36hm said:

I was just trying to help.
:hide:

greybeard":3dheseiu said:
Oh, the irony.. :lol: :lol:
It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with the simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts