Thx, Dun, for your help w/ Avatar -- meet Pete.

Help Support CattleToday:

Kathie in Thorp

Reaction score
Finally decided it was time do something, about some pic, of some sort, to put on my profile. So, you get to see "PETE." This pic was taken a couple years ago. He is getting older now, and his body condition ain't so good anymore. I sort of almost hope he gets harvested legally soon, as I'd hate to see him just waste away to nothing and drop dead via bad teeth and low body fat.

A number of bull elk winter here in our valley (no hunting season for them by the time they show up). The first year some of them started wandering on to our place was winter 2007, and that was the first time for Pete; he's come back every winter since. He has never had the courtesy to shed his antlers here while visiting! Although, once he gets used to our comings and goings, and remembers the invisible barrier we've adhered to for watching him, we can get very close for photo ops -- 25 yds. or so without panic.

If ole Pete need harvesting that badly, all I need is an address, a plane ticket, and coffee with biscuits and gravy every morning for a week. I mean, it's the least you could do for poor old Pete :D .

Sorry, ISO -- He's not here when season is open for him. He visits; can't put him in the freezer. We just enjoy watching/interacting with him, as he allows it. But isn't he magnificent ?! PETE is the short of native: Wapiti = Elk.

Latest posts