Thursday morning in Denver

Help Support CattleToday:

spectator

Reaction score
Preparations for this weekend's National Western Stock Show opening day continue Thursday morning. Temperatures are expected to reach 60°F today, so they should be able to get a lot done.
IMG_2339.jpg

IMG_2335.jpg

IMG_2350.jpg

IMG_2362.jpg

Wow, that looks some different from the shows we have up here. Big leaguers :D and 60 degrees??? luckyyyy

Australian":34czibzp said:
How many cattle are they expecting for Denver? Can you give us a few numbers of some of the breeds?
Colin

From what I read, There are typically over 15,000 head of livestock every year. They may have some actual entry numbesr by next week on the official wesite.

Australian":7iv1w3fk said:
How many cattle are they expecting for Denver? Can you give us a few numbers of some of the breeds?
Colin
I see more cattle there in one day than I see in a year. You can experience looking out over 1,000 head up on top of the catwalk.

Australian":3c3504wk said:
Colin

Just got this email this morning

The American Hereford Association (AHA) welcomes Hereford exhibitors and enthusiasts to the 103rd National Western Stock Show (NWSS). Numbers will be strong from the Yard to the Hill with entries totaling 631 in the open show, 162 in the junior show, 39 pens of bulls, 11 pens of heifers and nine carloads.

Wishing I was there also!!! Just couldn't make it all happen this year. Havn't been since 2001 Just looking at photos of the yards really makes me think about how it used to be, Hoping that maybe we get world crisis' straightened out, so the next generations can realize what really built this country, honesty,hard work and the 3 "R's" Respect for others, Respect for ones self, and Responsibility.
Keep photos/ updates coming. Thanks L Day "DFF"

Latest posts