Three Dog Night

Help Support CattleToday:

HerefordSire

Reaction score
Once a dog named Nelly lived on a farm. There were three other dogs on the farm. Their names were Blackie, Whitey, and Brownie. What do you think the fourth dog's name was?

And........ most of those folks in the north have been having those Three Dog Nights lately. How many people actually know what a Three Dog Night is? (I do!) :lol2:

Three Dog Night was a popular musical group in the early seventies with such hits as "one", "celebrate", "try a little tenderness", "jeremiah was a bullfrog", etc.

An official commentary included in the CD set Celebrate: The Three Dog Night Story, 1965-1975 states that vocalist Danny Hutton's then-girlfriend June Fairchild thought of the name when she read a magazine article about indigenous Australians, in which it was explained that on cold nights they would customarily sleep in a hole in the ground while embracing a dingo, a native species of wild dog. On colder nights they would sleep with two dogs, and if a night was especially cold, it was a "Three Dog Night".

grannysoo":11390rcx said:
And........ most of those folks in the north have been having those Three Dog Nights lately. How many people actually know what a Three Dog Night is? (I do!) :lol2:

I have several dogs with me. Dogs seem to put off a bunch of heat (they lose heat?). When it gets extra cold, three of them will jump up on my body to stay warm. If they did this in warmer temperatures, they wouldn't stay there long or we would both be sweating.

Latest posts