threat!

Help Support CattleToday:

peg4x4

Reaction score
Threat of rain all this week!!! :clap: :shock: I'll believe it when I see it :roll: However,it seems to be credible. :banana: :welcome:

Hooley smokey :shock: checked the radar,nothing,so went to HEB on "Buzzy"..I got rained on going home! :shock: Not mucn,but enough to have to wear my hat and put a plastic bag over the controls.. :lol2: It's still gently raining~It can keep this up for the whole week! :D :wave:

We're being "threat"ened, too. They're saying 60% chance on Saturday. I've got my fingers crossed; the grass is starting to get stale.

peg4x4":rw7hzts8 said:
Hooley smokey :shock: checked the radar,nothing,so went to HEB on "Buzzy"..I got rained on going home! :shock: Not mucn,but enough to have to wear my hat and put a plastic bag over the controls.. :lol2: It's still gently raining~It can keep this up for the whole week! :D :wave:
Going to be another long day wondering if that can make it's way over here. Only about 60 miles, you would think it could do it.

peg4x4":2kdeaagn said:
Threat of rain all this week!!! :clap: :shock: I'll believe it when I see it :roll: However,it seems to be credible. :banana: :welcome:

Last night that beeping noise came across the screen telling us to take high ground that we were getting hit in our town with 60 mph winds, quarter size hail, and flash flooding. I looked outside and it wasnt even raining. WEATHER IDIOTS! Get new doppler.

We had a good all nighter last Thursday but nothing since. It looks cloudy every day. Been humid. Fall in Texas.

Good time for a raindance Lammie. :p

Depends on where you are. We got 4.7 inches in July and if you add the 1.6 we got on June 30 we went into August pretty green. But you didn't have to drive far before that green disappeared. I got a total of 6/10ths in August plus the 100 degree days burned me back out but for some of the places that missed the rain in July got some pretty good rain in August, enough to get a pretty good cutting of hay. So overall it is still pretty spotty. After my last post here, the rain picked back up and we got another 1/2 inch so that makes an inch for today to go with the 1/2 inch last week so with the temps hitting only in the mid 90's maybe it will start to turn a little green again.

Still looks bad but we are getting some rain when it does rain. Odd thing is how the rain pattern is on radar. Today it looks like a fireant hill after you kick it. Showers going off in every direction and nothing organized.

I need to get the oat land ready to plant but I am hesitant to plow up the crop grass that came up with the July rain. Was hoping to bale it but I didn't get the 5+ inches the corn farmer just over the hill got so mine is just a little over ankle high. One patch of millet I planted in mid July, is about knee high so maybe this rain will give me a small cutting. The other patch, a drier natured ground with more crop grass didn't fair well. Only about half of that survived. I turned the cows in on it this morning. They have been chasing me thru the pasture every time I drive thru for almost 2 weeks. Seems they know their is better pasture to be had.

Looked at the rainfall totals for last year and this year. As a comparison, most of the rain last year was before June. We lack 6/10ths to meet last years rainfall total of 15.8 inches. This year the rains were sort of spaced out where we got some good moisture for 6-8 weeks then is was dry for 6-8 weeks. Weather gurus say we should be back to wetter conditions by November. Only thing I don't find comforting by that forecast is it is made by a government agency. :shock: :lol:

think we got a bit over a third of an inch,but the air is still soft and damp. :banana: .Kinda odd not to hear the grass crackle and break when stepped on :shock:

peg4x4":n90h71ji said:
think we got a bit over a third of an inch,but the air is still soft and damp. :banana: .Kinda odd not to hear the grass crackle and break when stepped on :shock:
Usually does that only during freezing rain. :D

More than a FOOT of rain in some places!! :banana: Flashflood warnings all around.. We haven't gotten that much right here,but have gotten more than an inch so far.. :welcome: rain :welcome:

It started again Thursday night. It's rained every Thursday for the past four weeks. Started again yesterday afternoon and rained out the Homecoming game. Too much lightning. We had a good light and sound show here. I don't know about other teams in the district. Rained all night and more coming. 100% chance today. It's nice.

Supposed to be 100% chance here too!! and it's raining right now :banana: :welcome:

Latest posts