Threading an old massey ferguson baler

Help Support CattleToday:

kjones

Reaction score
A friend of mine just bought an old Massey Ferguson #12 baler. It appears to be in working condition. The problem is neither one of us has ever ran a baler. We are currently waiting for a manual to come in the mail. My question is what is the proper way to thread the twine. getting it to the needles is obvious, but from there were lost.Any help?

Just run the twine through the needles and tie it off on a crossbrace and go to baling, it should only miss the first bale.

Cabo":2q5h423r said:
Just run the twine through the needles and tie it off on a crossbrace and go to baling, it should only miss the first bale.

Cabo is right on.

I thread it through the needles, tie it off on the crossbrace and (be careful) trip the baler and watch to see that the knotters catch the twine. Then it should tie right off.

Cabo":2vz402kc said:

Make sure if there are little rollers in the end of the needles to get the twine over themand not between the rollers and the edge