Thouhgts on this guy

Help Support CattleToday:

No, I just have a bunch of him in the tank. I don;t care for his hindquarters

dun":16b0tpai said:
18 months old

1st impression nice bull
2nd Too red .... lol
3rd Put on a white face and white socks and hereford guys would compliment his rear end :)
4th I enlarged the picture and I can see why his hindquarters concern you... other than that... nice bull

Son of Butch":26la4wyp said:
dun":26la4wyp said:
18 months old

1st impression nice bull
2nd Too red .... lol
3rd Put on a white face and white socks and hereford guys would compliment his rear end :)
4th I enlarged the picture and I can see why his hindquarters concern you... other than that... nice bull
Nice bull dun
Not the type Hereford I raised prefer them like this.

Bright Raven":4un7ed1r said:
dun":4un7ed1r said:

Hindquarters could be better for sure.
Just trying to learn something...what's wrong with his hind quarters? What's to be expected at 18mo?

Kingfisher":2w1hbcw6 said:
Bright Raven":2w1hbcw6 said:
dun":2w1hbcw6 said:

Just trying to learn something...what's wrong with his hind quarters? What's to be expected at 18mo?

To my eye, he is short from the back of his thigh/hip to the front. Would like to see more power back there to balance with a nice front.

Look at the back third of this bull. At 18 months, you pretty much "What you see is, What you got".

2q3ric1.jpg

I don't like the photography of that bull much, Bright raven... he's standing in so much straw it changes his appearance.

I do see a bit of the weakness in the hind end of the first bull pictured, but I've seen many far worse.. he's also pictured standing on solid ground.

Nesikep":3tdjnelt said:
I don't like the photography of that bull much, Bright raven... he's standing in so much straw it changes his appearance.

I do see a bit of the weakness in the hind end of the first bull pictured, but I've seen many far worse.. he's also pictured standing on solid ground.

Yep I like to see them with their work clothes on myself versus gussied up for the show.

Caustic Burno":21qyc18e said:
Not the type Hereford I raised prefer them like this.

That's the kind of rear I like too. That's why I'm having issues using him. He is the only son still in available of one particular bull That several of our cows go back to that I really like. As 8-9 year olds they still have feet of a yearling. I'm too dam old to be willing to lose even a year of what we've worked for in our cow herd regarding muscle

That hereford is a bunch older than the red bull above. A lot of bulls either 'work their a$$ off' when young, or take some time for it to grow in. The only butt herefords are known for are the butt of jokes.

Supa Dexta":1g5yv016 said:
That hereford is a bunch older than the red bull above. A lot of bulls either 'work their a$$ off' when young, or take some time for it to grow in. The only butt herefords are known for are the butt of jokes.

OH no you dint!

Aaron is not gonna appreciate that in the least.

Kingfisher":2bdoe06z said:
Bright Raven":2bdoe06z said:
dun":2bdoe06z said:

His legs are as straight as a post oak.

Latest posts