Thoughts?

Help Support CattleToday:

50/50Farms

Reaction score
They're not mine, a buddy came across the pictures while surfing the net and linked me to the (very old) listing they were in. I don't know what I think about them but they sure look interesting. What do y'all think?

Attachments

• 20140301_111318 (1)_small.jpg
    20140301_111318 (1)_small.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 20140301_111444_small.jpg
    20140301_111444_small.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 19
I have some 7/8 red angus & corriente cross about the same color as the black & white but without the horns and a conformation
that belies their heritage, however; the question was, What do you think? Referring to the cows I reckon it would depend on how
much you had in them and the ability to work with what you have.

I have some 7/8 red angus & corriente cross about the same color as the black & white but without the horns and a conformation
that belies their heritage, however; the question was, What do you think? Referring to the cows I reckon it would depend on how
much you had in them and the ability to work with what you have.
The old listing had them as corriente brahman crosses. Didn't know that was a cross folks did much. I've got to say that they look better than a lot of the corriente crosses I've seen make it to adulthood outside of a feedlot.

I have found most Corrientes to be very intelligent but, they can be quite elusive! Once they become acquainted with you it usually
works better to lead them than to try to herd them from behind. I use a lead cow and that seems to work best. She will die on the place.

Baw them are turn out and survive type cows. Ole girls can live on marsh rocks and pine needles. I stay away from brimmer side of things been run up a tree 1 to many times but that corriente blood let me tell y'all I got a pasture full of it I won't trade for angus cows say what y'all want them ole girjs were cheap they don't complain and they raise decent calves of angus bulls for 700lbs cows. I might not buy them but it probably throw out a bid or 2 just to let people know I'm in the room.
And yes I do own angus cattle as well but them there ropers are my favorite

No dice on the b&w. Bet you can't breed that white out. Plus, I would have to knock those horns off... don't need to add fuel to the fire.
Personally I like the red, shows plenty of the brimmer side in her and I think she'd throw a good calf you couldn't much tell was a quarter corriente.
Baw them are turn out and survive type cows. Ole girls can live on marsh rocks and pine needles. I stay away from brimmer side of things been run up a tree 1 to many times but that corriente blood let me tell y'all I got a pasture full of it I won't trade for angus cows say what y'all want them ole girjs were cheap they don't complain and they raise decent calves of angus bulls for 700lbs cows. I might not buy them but it probably throw out a bid or 2 just to let people know I'm in the room.
And yes I do own angus cattle as well but them there ropers are my favorite
I agree on them making easy keepers, and there's nothing wrong with using a cheap oven to bake a bun. As far as the brimmer blood, eh, growing up under a brangus-simmental terminal cross roof you just learn to watch 'em. Why angus and not char if you don't mind me asking? I'm not knocking it, just seen a lot of people put chars on 'em.

How much less would a Charolais sired calf out of the black and white cow have to be worth, considering her purchase price, hardiness, fertility and longevity, to make her less profitable than an Angus cow?

How much less would a Charolais sired calf out of the black and white cow have to be worth, considering her purchase price, hardiness, fertility and longevity, to make her less profitable than an Angus cow?
I'm afraid I don't understand your question. I was asking why not a char bull or semen on those corrientes. Throws a smoke or grey usually, sometimes a yellow and they flesh pretty okay.

I know a guy near here who breeds longhorn cows to Char bulls. As 600 pound calves they look great. The trouble is they just don't preform that well in the feedlot. When you are selling a couple dozen at the sale yard who will know where they came from. When you are selling hundreds of them the feedlot knows where they came from and when they under preform that feedlot might not be willing to buy them in the future.

Latest posts