• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Thoughts sparked from another post

Santas and Duhram Reds

Reaction score
Another post on these boards makes reference to a man saying that he wouldn't buy a bull b/c he didn't think he could get the job done on some larger framed cows. This never really occured to me though it might make since. Can say a frame 5 bull breed a 9 frame cow? Where there is a will, is there a way. I know I have seen some dogs that got it done, I don't know how, maybe she was laying down, but it got done none the less. So at what point would a bull not be able to get the job done?

Loch Valley Fold

Reaction score
I saw a Jersey yearling bull get a huge (6' at her front shoulder) Holstein cow in calf we didn't think it would happen, but that little bull waited until he was on a bank higher than the cow what he didn't plan on was the bank giving away under his back legs, funniest thing was watching him slide down under the cow & the cow just standing there looking :D Years ago when I had horses I bred a 34" mini stallion to a 15hh Arabian mare, 11 months later the mare had a buckskin filly - only filly that old mare ever had I've still got that buckskin she eventually went 12hh

Latest posts