Thoughts? (pics)

Help Support CattleToday:

JHH

Reaction score
newcalves07040.jpg

newcalves07039.jpg

Comments welcome. The only two good shots that I have right now. I raised both. I will reserve my thoughts till you tear them apart.

P.S. three different animals here.

Sorry I just wanted to clarify.

That bull has a decent pair on him :lol: and I like the heifer on the right in the second picture. How old are they?

aussie_cowgirl":20r9bcff said:
Sorry I just wanted to clarify.

That bull has a decent pair on him :lol: and I like the heifer on the right in the second picture. How old are they?

Bull weighed 1000 lbs at 11 months this is him shortly after we weighed him. Heifer on right is about 14 months maybe 15 would have to go back in notes and look.

aussie_cowgirl":d3lim9ol said:
Thats quite good then. It will be interesting to see how the bully grows out and how he looks at about 18 months.

NOT going to happen. I will explain later. I wanted some more thought before I say what I done here.

Keren":1740rqhz said:
JHH":1740rqhz said:
aussie_cowgirl":1740rqhz said:
Thats quite good then. It will be interesting to see how the bully grows out and how he looks at about 18 months.

NOT going to happen. I will explain later. I wanted some more thought before I say what I done here.

Is it the testicles?[/quote]

No.

Keren":2w6hz6ao said:
shoulders?
topline?
horns?

c'mon JHH!

I actually used him on the heifers that you seen in pic. They were half sibs and he was related to everthing that I had on the place. He grew ok and bred heifers just fine. I thought about keeping him but didnt like the top line and I needed the room. Those pics are old. Lets see if this works.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=33233&p=358773&hilit=bull+pic#p358773

After getting the calves out of him I am glad he is gone. It may have just been the genetics but 3 out of 4 calves were only 350- 425 lbs at 11 months. They were a sad bunch. I wont post pics of them. The other calf done great and looked great. All are gone now. My INBREEDING didnt work. :lol: live and learn.

P.S. You might ask some of them Why I should have banded or cut him. He really wasnt that bad looking.

JHH":2pm0plty said:
After getting the calves out of him I am glad he is gone. It may have just been the genetics but 3 out of 4 calves were only 350- 425 lbs at 11 months. They were a sad bunch. I wont post pics of them. The other calf done great and looked great. All are gone now. My INBREEDING didnt work. :lol: live and learn.

P.S. You might ask some of them Why I should have banded or cut him. He really wasnt that bad looking.

If all the calves off him were inbred, it's no wonder you weren't happy with him. Inbreeding is the quickest way to lose money. Maybe not quite as fast as tossing crisp 100's into a wood chipper, but pretty close. It's unfortunate you didn't have a neighbour you could have rented him to. At least would have given him a chance to prove himself...but you set him and his calves up for failure from the start. :cowboy: :(

Never forget quality...

The only way linebreeding can work is if you breed the very best bull to the very best related heifers. Don't know much about the females, but the bull already handicapped the mating.

The older heifer is nice, maybe a touch framey, but still very well proportioned and broody at a young age.

he was a nice growthy bull.an you was right trying to linebreed him.but linebreeding doesnt always work as you found out.an its hard to get a linebreeding program going.

Latest posts