Thoughts on this heifer?

Help Support CattleToday:

Thanks for the thoughts. I agree she does look post legged in the picture. I don't remember her looking that bad in person, but she was younger when I looked at her.

You want us to comment on a heifer you have not seen for 4 or 5 months?
You certainly run a tight ship.......................................I'm done here.................

You certainly run a tight ship.......................................I'm done here.................
It's just confusing to me if I wanna judge a cow then I need to see her now not 4 or 5 months before....

The heifer is nice enough. Feminine, adequate bone, looks deep enough. Biggest flaw is see is those rear legs, as Gizmom pointed out. Remember that when you see a hock angle that is to straight (or too much angle for that matter), it is in direct relation to the rest of the angles in the rear third. Usually an animal that is too strait in the hocks will also have too much slope from hooks to pins, often a roached topline, and hooves set too far up on the toes.

I do agree that the bull pictured is much more correct in structure. My biggest nit pick on him is he appears a bit tight/constricted in his heart girth. These animals typically lack capacity through their center, and give up some easy doing/feeding nature and longevity.
Boot Jack can really put it into words well. Thanks from everyone on the evaluation.

I bought her 4 or 5 months ago, so I don't see an issue with asking for thoughts on her? If I ran a tight ship I wouldn't have spent the last three days hauling water in 5 gallon buckets.