Thoughts on this bull

Help Support CattleToday:

Winter coat makes them all look like garbage. Seems like he should have a little more definition and muscle mass but i'm a poor judge of bulls.

From the picture he looks like he would make a good steer but lacks masculinity I would like in a bull.

Might be his best use. If I had 1,000 cows and just needed another bull then maybe. For a dude with Murray's cows that loves the species like him... nah, he doesn't do. He does own a Traeger though...
🤣
I can't afford a traeger!!!
But I got a Pit Boss by gawd!

@Jeanne - Simme Valley that puts it in perspective perfectly!
He is far from a butcher date!

We will know soon how my calves do. And that'll help make a decision on my part. It doesn't help that they are all heifers!
I will still be getting a crop off the cows he's with now. But it's almost time to move him home and I may make a different choice.

When the home cows are done calving, I'll have no more coming out of Richard, my brangus type bull. Honestly I have not been too disappointed in his calves either, but that ship has sailed.

We will know soon how my calves do. And that'll help make a decision on my part. It doesn't help that they are all heifers!
I will still be getting a crop off the cows he's with now. But it's almost time to move him home and I may make a different choice.

When the home cows are done calving, I'll have no more coming out of Richard, my brangus type bull. Honestly I have not been too disappointed in his calves either, but that ship has sailed.
You've probably been in the game way longer than me, but if you want my opinion, then I think what you showed us looks good.

#1, get yourself an electric dehorner, horns and nuts leave when tags put in or when you give calfhood vaccinations.

#2, considering this bull hasn't been stuffed full of feed like most are and are ready to kill rather than breed as yearlings, I don't find much fault with him other than feet. He could do with a little more length but everything else about him says he hasn't seen much grain in his life. That said, for an only bull I would pass on him. Bulls that have the possibility of not travelling are better off having feet trimmed at the plant.

I thought my Chevy's 10 mpg was bad. In an old post/thread on CT they talk about 25% Gelbvieh X 6.25-50%
Bos indicus. Southern Balancers. Bulls in Oregon usually have a little slope to the back line one way or the other
to help the water drain off :)

Latest posts