Thoughts on this bull

Help Support CattleToday:

Thick. Moves well. Good numbers. Could be a great young bull. Are you going to use him?

Wow, he is so long that when he walks his back feet don't come within 18 inches of his front tracks.

You brought up something that I saw today. They are suppose to fill their tracks. I was looking at a cow today. Very long. She did not come close to filling her track. Obviously, because of her length.

That bull is massive. Gizmom, do you think he is a little bold in the shoulder? Looks to me like he shows a lot of shoulder.

Margonme

I don't see him as overly bold in the shoulder, he is a pretty massive individual front to back and really has the depth of body I like to see. My opinion is strictly based on what I see in the video so not saying your wrong just that I don't see it. That is why I like to see progeny on an AI bull before I use him. I figure folks are going to sample this bull pretty heavy due to his pedigree. Overall I like his look.

Gizmom

gizmom":3ivx9jte said:
Margonme

I don't see him as overly bold in the shoulder, he is a pretty massive individual front to back and really has the depth of body I like to see. My opinion is strictly based on what I see in the video so not saying your wrong just that I don't see it. That is why I like to see progeny on an AI bull before I use him. I figure folks are going to sample this bull pretty heavy due to his pedigree. Overall I like his look.

Gizmom

Thank you. I trust your judgement.

Might be a good bull. Over conditioned bulls are hard to asses on video. This particular bull is over conditioned. Any time you can visibly see fat descend into the scrotum a bull is too fat for his own good. Many cattlemen are becoming normalized by breeding bulls that are too fat and forget what they are looking at.

I guess when I see an individual that looks like this I immediately wonder what they are trying to hide and move on pretty fast.

gizmom":3jk5kesb said:
Margonme

Gizmom

I have a friend that makes a comment about the "Resource Open Shoulder" quite often. I personally have no issue with it either, not planning on using them as heifer bulls so don't see the problem with it.

W.B.":1e8tuaq3 said:
Might be a good bull. Over conditioned bulls are hard to asses on video. This particular bull is over conditioned. Any time you can visibly see fat descend into the scrotum a bull is too fat for his own good. Many cattlemen are becoming normalized by breeding bulls that are too fat and forget what they are looking at.

I guess when I see an individual that looks like this I immediately wonder what they are trying to hide and move on pretty fast.
Makes me wonder why they fed him so heavy.
But if she pays attention to his offspring that should credit or discredit the bull.

Latest posts