Thoughts on these 2 bulls?

Help Support CattleToday:

if I was going to pick I would pick the first one, but pay no attention to what I say a don't know much about that breed other than they are not worth much in my neck of the woods.

I do like Belties, both look very good and different photos so hard to compare. The 2nd one has the depth and volume I like, his pose with hind leg forward probably detracts from the appearance of his HQ but he does look good.

Ken

First, either is fine.
2 seems to be more compact, a bit beefier, I like his sire Pistol Pete better than him

1 appears to have more length and I think you'll get more milk from his daughters than 2 (Liberty)
I don't know anything about 1's pedigree, but I'll guess a shade better calving ease, though neither should be a problem
depends a bit on what your cows need too.

I'd go with 1... because ya get more belt per square inch and everyone knows the belt is the tastiest part. :)

Who is number 1 ?
He reminds me a bit of Unique, but I don't recognize him.
Maybe that's why I like 1 over 2 as I prefer Unique offspring over Liberty's.
Can you tell us any more?

p.s.
I don't want to knock Liberty, I saw a daughter out of a crossbred cow that I liked.
You probably know Valor (I don't like his head) but I liked a couple calves I saw from him.

Son of Butch":2rn5ou50 said:
First, either is fine.
2 seems to be more compact, a bit beefier, I like his sire Pistol Pete better than him

1 appears to have more length and I think you'll get more milk from his daughters than 2 (Liberty)
I don't know anything about 1's pedigree, but I'll guess a shade better calving ease, though neither should be a problem
depends a bit on what your cows need too.

I'd go with 1... because ya get more belt per square inch and everyone knows the belt is the tastiest part. :)

Who is number 1 ?
He reminds me a bit of Unique, but I don't recognize him.
Maybe that's why I like 1 over 2 as I prefer Unique offspring over Liberty's.
Can you tell us any more?

p.s.
I don't want to knock Liberty, I saw a daughter out of a crossbred cow that I liked.
You probably know Valor (I don't like his head) but I liked a couple calves I saw from him.

Butch, you are a veritable encyclopedia on Belties.

Ken

Both of these bulls are being used on Unique's daughters on the Dausman farm. Not sure where they're from, but are being recommended to me by them. My bull is a Unique son, and if I was a bit more than a hobby guy I wouldn't be selling him. But he needs more work than he's getting. A gentleman in Tennessee is buying him.

In that case I would choose to use #2 Liberty.
Because in my opinion #1 resembles Unique and I would want to bring in the bull that would most compliment your
Unique granddaughters genetics rather than match them.

Belties have a narrow genetic base, if that was not the case I might give a different answer, but I believe it is
important for breeders to maintain diversity within low population pure breeds.
I think Belties are a great breed for a hobby, have fun and best of luck which ever direction you choose to go.

p.s.
I know just enough about Belties to be dangerous. :)

Thanks SOB! I personally like the looks of liberty the best even tough he's not as long. These both are good options as the semen is pretty local. There are definitely other belty bulls to buy out there but I like having the knowledge on these two from a breeder I know and respect.

Latest posts