Thoughts on quaker hill rampage

Help Support CattleToday:

I was told by one producer that is very familiar with the Rampage progeny, that some of them can get a bit tall and rangy.

UG":2xocdxny said:
I was told by one producer that is very familiar with the Rampage progeny, that some of them can get a bit tall and rangy.

That's exactly what a good smart friend of mine advised me. "Be picky on your matings". That's what I heard him say to me.

Watch for his disposition. Some calves are fine and others imo are head hunters. Bw varies also. Calves grow like weeds tho. Disposition is why I'm not using his anymore. Im not going to run after or from one.

In the 2015 ABS catalog Rampage's DOC epd was +9. His DOC epd is -1 now. EXT is -10. SAV Net Worth is -11.
I know with regards to EXT you can talk to people who said they never had a problem with EXT cattle.
Anyone else have experience with Rampage calves? Deer Valley had some really nice Rampage cattle in their sale catalog. s
And they sold well so I am assuming they were not flat out crazy.

Air gator":q7uovr41 said:
In the 2015 ABS catalog Rampage's DOC epd was +9. His DOC epd is -1 now. EXT is -10. SAV Net Worth is -11.
I know with regards to EXT you can talk to people who said they never had a problem with EXT cattle.
Anyone else have experience with Rampage calves? Deer Valley had some really nice Rampage cattle in their sale catalog. s

I've got some Rampage daughters and I love them. they have been really good for me and look great.

I like them so much that I am flushing a Boyd Forever Lady to him this week. All female sexed straws.

Some cows are unmanageable in general but I feel like good cattlemen can fix dispositions sometimes.

Air gator":222bit5h said:

And seeing those Rampage calves at Deer Valley I was impressed. He was heavily used there and Black Gold. I liked what I saw at both.

Latest posts