Thoughts on bull (pic)

Help Support CattleToday:

JHH

Reaction score
newbull09dadscows058.jpg

newbull09dadscows057.jpg

The calves in the backround are mine. They go to town soon. Cull heifers No guts or butts

Well what is the thoughts on him?

The photos aren't the best to evaluate a bull, but he has atleast some with in the chest and a very typical L1 head, not the widest nor the heaviest muscled though.

KNERSIE":19dgnrmx said:
The photos aren't the best to evaluate a bull, but he has atleast some with in the chest and a very typical L1 head, not the widest nor the heaviest muscled though.

Yes typical L1. He really is heavier muscled than the photos show. I cant take pics worth a crap.

I think he was the second best bull I have looked at. The best one the guy would not sell.

I will try and get better pics soon. He doesnt really have the muscle expression down his leg like I would like to see. But he does have a really good rear quarter thickness and chest floor as you pointed out.

Care to guess on age?

I like him. Seems to be fairly moderate, good muscle shape and a nice easy calving head. I would guess about 14 months of age. I would use him on my heifers. :cowboy:

Aaron":3nzyxmcn said:
I like him. Seems to be fairly moderate, good muscle shape and a nice easy calving head. I would guess about 14 months of age. I would use him on my heifers. :cowboy:

Born March 25 2008

Thanks Aaron, Hope to get some good daughters and try and breed up. I think he will end up above average.

JHH":14omg33k said:
KNERSIE":14omg33k said:

Yes typical L1. He really is heavier muscled than the photos show. I cant take pics worth a crap.

I think he was the second best bull I have looked at. The best one the guy would not sell.

I will try and get better pics soon. He doesnt really have the muscle expression down his leg like I would like to see. But he does have a really good rear quarter thickness and chest floor as you pointed out.

Care to guess on age?

Need to change that one statement. (The best one the guy would not sell.) This was a different bull at another guys place.

I will have to say that there was another bull were I got this one that may have been better but I think he would have been to big frame wise for me.

he is a goodlooking bull.he has a nice thick rump.an from the angle of the pic.i really couldnt see his shoulders good.an i 1st thought he wasnt thick enough in the shoulders.but he looks pretty good in the shoulders an chest.