thoughts I fell asleep to and woke up to...

Help Support CattleToday:

TexasBred":2zbpckgp said:
Religious???? Heck you're not asking them to give blood.....and they're not sick so you don't need a faith healer. It's a preventive measure.

Yes, but they still won't do it. My midwife had seven children, all home schooled, and she would not get any of them immunized. She thought, honestly this is the truth, that it was a government plot. She also believed that children that are born in hospitals have a chip implanted that will allow the government to keep track of us.

Why, then, do children go missing and are never found?

I didn't want to argue this with her. By the time I discovered that she was a tad off center, I was almost ready to deliver. She was a good midwife, though, and I loved her a lot.

Lammie":2fedzw3f said:
TexasBred":2fedzw3f said:
Religious???? Heck you're not asking them to give blood.....and they're not sick so you don't need a faith healer. It's a preventive measure.

Yes, but they still won't do it. My midwife had seven children, all home schooled, and she would not get any of them immunized. She thought, honestly this is the truth, that it was a government plot. She also believed that children that are born in hospitals have a chip implanted that will allow the government to keep track of us.

Why, then, do children go missing and are never found?

I didn't want to argue this with her. By the time I discovered that she was a tad off center, I was almost ready to deliver. She was a good midwife, though, and I loved her a lot.

This lady sounds like "one of those kinds" that will also let a child die in her arms as she prays when all she might need is a small dose of some specific medication everyday. "Faith"..the key word. If my faith is strong he/she will be ok...if not he/she dies....all dependent on my faith but it is his/her life at stake and not mine.

TexasBred":2gfm3f1l said:
This lady sounds like "one of those kinds" that will also let a child die in her arms as she prays when all she might need is a small dose of some specific medication everyday. "Faith"..the key word. If my faith is strong he/she will be ok...if not he/she dies....all dependent on my faith but it is his/her life at stake and not mine.

We don't live in a vacuum. If she contracts some sort of fatal contagious disease and spreads it through the community, it could be your life at stake. And your kids'.

I've heard one of our neighbors has cancer. No insurance, of course. They attend an "out of the mainstream" church where all the kids are born at home (lots of them) and are homeschooled. He's not having any treatment. I need to find out more about the situation. He has a wife and several kids; I can't imagine what's going to happen to them and their business if he dies. :(

Frankie":279cayn8 said:
TexasBred":279cayn8 said:

We don't live in a vacuum. If she contracts some sort of fatal contagious disease and spreads it through the community, it could be your life at stake. And your kids'.I've heard one of our neighbors has cancer. No insurance, of course. They attend an "out of the mainstream" church where all the kids are born at home (lots of them) and are homeschooled. He's not having any treatment. I need to find out more about the situation. He has a wife and several kids; I can't imagine what's going to happen to them and their business if he dies. :(

Absolutely agree with you when discussing contagious diseases....but the nut job still gets to make the decision about treatment or spreading it throughout the area. Ever illness is not intended as a test of our faith or lack thereof.

http://www.thedailygreen.com/living-gre ... s-47081805

The 6 Do's and Don'ts of Childhood Vaccines

Read more: http://www.thedailygreen.com/living-gre ... z0PKXU6IyD

Vaccines
How to keepy your child (and the public) safe from preventable diseases, and avoid vaccine side effects.
By Deirdre Imus
In 1983, the CDC vaccination schedule from birth to six years totaled 18 vaccines. Today, it's 50.

Your baby's first, and perhaps most important, medical intervention is vaccinations. Starting from birth, parents can help ensure that the vaccines their children receive, and when they receive them, are as safe as possible. If you are preparing to immunize your child, consider the following:

Discuss with your doctor which vaccines are necessary for your child.
After all, one size doesn't fit all.

Avoid immunizing when your child is sick or recently recovered from an illness.

Do not give your child a vaccine containing thimerosal.
Insist on thimerosal-free vaccines. Those on the CDC routine immunization schedule should be thimerosal-free. Those not on the routine schedule, including the flu shot, typically contain thimerosal. If you give the flu shot, a thimerosal-free version may need to be special-ordered by your pediatrician.

Always ask for and review the vaccine's package insert.
Read the section on ingredients so you know what is in the vaccine and have the opportunity to ask the doctor any questions. Check for the following potentially harmful ingredients which are called adjuvants:

aluminum
antibiotics
formaldehyde

In addition, if you are aware that your child is allergic to monosodium glutamate (MSG) or eggs, let your doctor know, and check the package insert for these ingredients. Note that all flu vaccines and the MMR vaccine contain egg protein. If you have questions, do not be intimidated: Ask your doctor.

Only get one vaccine per visit.
This may require multiple office visits, but giving one at a time (such as one vaccine per month) reduces any complications from the interaction of multiple vaccines. It will also allow you to know precisely which vaccine caused a problem if there are any adverse reactions. We still don't know the unique vulnerabilities of each individual, which may cause complications from even one vaccine, because research hasn't been done yet to identify those biological markers that would tell us if a child has a pre-existing disposition.

Ask the doctor to check for titers.
Via a simple blood test, the doctor can check to see if your child is already immune to a specific disease via previous exposure or vaccine. If the titer shows your child is immune, further vaccination (boosters) for that specific disease may not be necessary.

The Deirdre Imus Center for Pediatric Oncology offers information on a safer vaccination schedule, adverse vaccine reactions and a list of helpful resources For more tips about keeping your child healthy and safe, sign up for the newsletter.

Latest posts