Thoughts about this bull

Help Support CattleToday:

lithuanian farmer

Reaction score
2012_08060010.JPG
2012_08060016.JPG

Thats our 3rd generation limousin cross bull. In photos he is almost 17 months old.He was a proof for us that bulls which semen are selling in Lithuania aren't the best bulls. Now this bull is sold for meet, but I think we'll remember him for a long time. His name is Monster. He always wasn't very friendly with people, then he was ~11 months old vet tried to take a blood from him but our little monster get furious and tossed vet and my mother away. Then was the first sign he is dangerous. This October we sold our bulls but he escaped from his paddock. It was hard to catch him but with cows we've lured him to a winter paddock. But the most funniest event was when we tried to sell him second time :D Then he showed us his real character and attacked us. We've tied him to trawl ,then and trawl rised to air :D , and even we've closed road through our house for 1 hour :D . Then we decided don't buy a Limousin bull at least not from Lithuanian breeders. :D

Need to watch them and find one thats calm. I have Limousin and rarely have had a problem. Have had no troubles with mean ones in the last several years.

I sell 20- 25 limi bulls per year off the farm , The most heard comment from prospective bull buyers here is that they , are very impresed with how calm my bulls are , My herd of limi cows are as docile as any herd of any bred of cattle that there is . THe old lines of 747, Carnival EsPoire De Carnaval bulls are long gone now in the US and they were pretty ruff to handle

They was a few more Polled Bull that could be added to that list. 747 done more harm to the limousin breed than any other Limousin bull ever bred.

Limi bulls for the most part are like any other breed when it comes to temperament. There are a few crazy bloodlines in every breed. What you have to watch out for is the Limi breeders. 99% of em are bat shyt crazy.

We've noticed that all calves off one bull have bad temper, they all don't want to communicate with people. The biggest problem in Lithuania is that almost there are no good bulls, especially with good temper.

I was raised on a Limo farm as a kid in the early 80's. Thats why we no longer have them. I can't remember some of the bloodlines now, but they were something else. We had vets leave and refuse to come back. As a kid, I was ran over by month old limmy calves. If they could get the tip of thier nose over it you might as well start waving bye. :wave: We had some giant calves though. I've got one Black Limo cow now she's as gentle as a heel hound. They have done a great job breeding that out in the US. B&G

Dang, I thought it was cow jewelry. Now wonder I haven't been able to find any on the net :compute: I was gonna spruce my cows up a bit. :D

Jeanne - Simme Valley":1xfxxv6f said:
You mean you lead them (catch them) by the horns?
Now our all cows haven't got no ropes on their horns, bu 2 years ago it was necessery that some of them have ropes. This cow was having rope on her horns that then she needs to be inseminate we could pin another longer rope and maintain her while vet is doing his job. Now for 2 years we're using our bulls so all our cows are without any ropes.

Jeanne - Simme Valley":1z43yh33 said:
You mean you lead them (catch them) by the horns?
Now our all cows haven't got no ropes on their horns, bu 2 years ago it was necessery that some of them have ropes. This cow was having rope on her horns that then she needs to be inseminate we could pin another longer rope and maintain her while vet is doing his job. Now for 2 years we're using our bulls so all our cows are without any ropes.

Latest posts