Thought this one was neat

Help Support CattleToday:

This is the time to be trapping. Sows have pigs so you can get the hungry mommas and the whole next generation before they get trap smart. I have one trap going on a lease place and have caught 35 hogs only setting it the past 3 weekends. There was only 6 or 7 sows, 1 boar, and the rest were #25 pigs. Thats a lot of saved pasture and future breeding pigs.

Brute 23":18i3mb5k said:
This is the time to be trapping. Sows have pigs so you can get the hungry mommas and the whole next generation before they get trap smart. I have one trap going on a lease place and have caught 35 hogs only setting it the past 3 weekends. There was only 6 or 7 sows, 1 boar, and the rest were #25 pigs. Thats a lot of saved pasture and future breeding pigs.
Brute so far neighbor and I have taken out 38 enemy combatants.
I know we are not winning the war I think we have held the line on this invasion force in this battle.

Red Bull Breeder":3lrv3cek said:
I seen deer eat diesel soaked corn. Never seen it even slow them down. I guess Arkansas deer don't know they aren't supposed to eat it.
If those deer are north of Burnt Mattress could be a very tight gene pool is the cause.

That's how I see it too CB. Doing some thing has to be better than doing nothing.

We did hog fence off another property and a hay field this year. Getting a little more every year.

Red Bull Breeder":39h9g1vw said:
I seen deer eat diesel soaked corn. Never seen it even slow them down. I guess Arkansas deer don't know they aren't supposed to eat it.

They will some times. Especially if the corn sits over 24hrs. That's usually not an issue here.

Brute trapping is the only thing that puts a dent in them.
Shooting in this thicket is a one shot proposition here, even with buckshot you just roll them up and run off.
Neighbor caught a boar I rolled with a load of double aught he had sores in a perfect pattern on his shoulder.
223 is great for one hog.
Dogs are out of the question here if you want peace with neighbors. It is all the fence damage by the hogs being run.
When I was kid everything was field fenced because of open range, after the stock law barb wire started going up, now field fence is coming back.

Latest posts