Thorogood boots

Help Support CattleToday:

SmokinM

Reaction score
Anybody ever worn any? In need of some new work treads and trying to buy American anywhere I can and choices are pretty limited. Justin has a few models USA made also and I have had good service from them in the past on a few pairs so they are in the running but try to get waterproof when I can. Any other US makers to check out? Thanks!

I wear the Justin's 0440 lace up work boot, they're American made and comfortable. Not waterproof but can be if you keep them oiled. I have a square toed Justin pull on that's American made that I wear to church that's actually a work boot, can't remember model off hand. Never tried Thorogood, I've always wore the American made Justin's.

Thank you for wanting to buy American made. I feel your pain about lack of options. I was also looking for "Made in USA" a couple of weeks ago. I need safety toe and metatarsal protection for work in a size 8 wide. Could not find anything with internal metatarsal just external which doesn't work for me since I use a ladder at work. If you wear a size bigger than me, Carolina, red wing, thorogood, and some others start at bigger sizes but you have to double check to see where they are made. I tried to reorder same USA made Carolinas that I did have, but they discontinued and sent me the new updated style. First thing I noticed when I took them out of the box was the "made in China" label. They lasted about 2 months and started hurting my feet so bad that I sent them back and got refund. Good luck and I would be interested to hear what you find.

Hopefully my boot situation will change real soon when I have my foot surgery next week. The ONLY boot or shoes I can wear are $450 Kenetreks for the last 5 years. Made in Italy and I get a solid year of concrete construction out of them and put new soles on once!! They get a pinch warm in the summer, but I have no choice. Can't wait to slip on a pair of Romeo's!

Latest posts