This years keeper heifers

Help Support CattleToday:

cowgirl8

Reaction score
Between rain showers, i got out and enjoyed a stroll around the herds. Heifer herd coming along good. All seemed to have settled into their new life with their peeps. They are the biggest chow hounds we've ever had. They are going to hate me in a few days when they get their ranch brand.

One of my favs, Sugar. She's looking to be the herd leader. Everywhere you turn, theres Sugar. She got the name Sugar because her mouth whiskers are all white.

Another of my fav. No name yet. She's one of the two brindles we got this year.

these look like they are saying something....but were just between cud chews..

Thanks...... We'll be getting them up today for their second vaccination and branding. We're suppose to pick out around 5 to sell. There are a couple that will be easy to part with, but after that i'll have a hard time. There are a couple red ones that are squirrely than the others. One buyer doesnt care on color, but, theirs will be more pets and i'd hate to sell her something that might be kind of goofy. The other buyer wants black, he came out and walked around in them and picked all my favs, he said he'd buy the brindles in a heartbeat... We had no idea we'd keep this many, 60.

Finally got the girls up for shots and a brand....bless their hearts.

It seemed so big, bless their hearts.

Came up with 7 culls, everyone contacted to inform them if they want first pick, you better get here quick..

branguscowgirl":2gfm8f3h said:
Very nice cowgirl. I like your brand also!
Thanks......
My husband designed the brand way back when he was a teenager. A while back i suggested making up an new one. Never going to happen, he's set on this one the rest of his live...All i wanted to do is put a star around it, or a diamond..something to jazz it up a little. Now thats its bigger, it looks better. The old one was just so small...