This year's bull

Help Support CattleToday:

Thanks, TT. He's done well considering how wet it has been since January. You find out who has good feet in this kind of environment.
There's never enough real world info for the average cattlemen and cattlewomen. The calves from our Sure Fire sons did well at the feed lot with a good percentage prime. They sired some good heifers, too.
But most importantly the buyers want them.
In the end we will all be raising what the buyers want. It will be our job to make those genetics work for us.

If you're a seedstock producer and you're not breeding for a Brazilian climate then you have already failed.

Commercial cows and heifers. The white faces go back to that Perfect Timing Polled Hereford son we used a few years back. All of em have some Brahman in the mix.

Thank you again TT. Louisiana is at the top of every bad list and the bottom of every good list. But, one thing we did right was to embrace technology in the cattle business. That's why Genex is in Baton Rouge. We took those genetics, put em on year round clover and grass, and started culling.
It was good for all of us.
Gardiner Angus can meet with a Brazilian trade delegation and slap years of data on the table that was collected under the harshest conditions. That helps Kansas, too.
Whatever you do in life the entry level will be flooded with half a$$ers trying to get over on every customer. But if you want to work hard and be the best it's an open pasture.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yC7CgKqg_B8

while we don't have the humidity you probably have, my cows have to sweat it out.. 98F when the pic was taken, they're out eating, no shade in that field... If it doesn't do well it gets culled.

Nesikep said:
while we don't have the humidity you probably have, my cows have to sweat it out.. 98F when the pic was taken, they're out eating, no shade in that field... If it doesn't do well it gets culled.

Looks like the fields doing good...I wouldn't cull it either..

Nesikep said:
You have a charmed life surrounded by so much beauty. I miss working in Montana more and more every year.

Jeanne - Simme Valley said:
JW - cattle look good.
Thank you Jeanne. You can see my cattle partner in that short video. He is the old guy in a vet outfit.

Thanks JHH, we keep all of the heifers from my cows so I usually get a proven bull that has had heifers and steers blood/genome tested.

Latest posts