This won't surprise anyone

Help Support CattleToday:

tncattle

Reaction score
Went over to the farm this morning to move the 40 heifers/bull. They had broke through the fence and destroyed a 20 ft. section. Well, of course a terrible thunderstorm was about 30 minutes away, I got enough of the fence fixed (both hot wires) and while I was out in the pasture moving them into their new pasture it started storming something terrible--lightning, thunder and rain so hard. As they slowly walked by me into the new pasture in the storm, I swear they looked at me with a look of (what in the world are you doing out here?!) I screamed "it's all your fault!" but I'm pretty sure they didn't care :) True story.

My cows don't talk to me...but I talk to them. I tell them if you go through the fence one more time I am putting your ass on the truck for the sale barn. I follow through on that. No repeat offenders. Had to haul two truck loads about a year and a half ago. That 2 percent that were a problem are gone.

GAonmymind":169wwssr said:
My cows don't talk to me...but I talk to them. I tell them if you go through the fence one more time I am putting your be nice on the truck for the sale barn. I follow through on that. No repeat offenders. Had to haul two truck loads about a year and a half ago. That 2 percent that were a problem are gone.
:lol: I told my one cow that if she did not breed in a timely fashion this year that she would lose her happy home. (She bred back a little late last year) She bred back 30 days after having her calf this year.

MRRherefords":o9rgfz7a said:
GAonmymind":o9rgfz7a said:
My cows don't talk to me...but I talk to them. I tell them if you go through the fence one more time I am putting your be nice on the truck for the sale barn. I follow through on that. No repeat offenders. Had to haul two truck loads about a year and a half ago. That 2 percent that were a problem are gone.
:lol: I told my one cow that if she did not breed in a timely fashion this year that she would lose her happy home. (She bred back a little late last year) She bred back 30 days after having her calf this year.

When the master speaks, the cows listen. :lol:

I made that same deal with a first timer that was late the first tiem around.. told her she skipped strike one and was on strike two.. She caught up by 6 weeks every year, carried a calf through the winter on 'survival rations', and they have been nicely built.. Looks like she's in the first cycle next year and has a very nice heifer this year.

I swear the cows know if you're talking about them in a nice manner or saying something that isn't nice about them...

Mine talk to me with their eyes and attitude. I get particularly dirty looks when I AI a heifer for the first time.

If it was the same storm that hit us around 4 pm yesterday, it was a ****kicker. Had trees almost at 90 degrees i felt like. Couldn't see a darn thing.

I got caught in the back of the property when it started. Had to hightail it out on a 4 wheeler.

Did the storm hurt anything you had?

ClinchValley":i4na1eyz said:
If it was the same storm that hit us around 4 pm yesterday, it was a ****kicker. Had trees almost at 90 degrees i felt like. Couldn't see a darn thing.

I got caught in the back of the property when it started. Had to hightail it out on a 4 wheeler.

Did the storm hurt anything you had?
Had one tree come down over the fence line but didn't tear up the fence--I'll cut it up Monday as we're supposed to have cooler temps that day.

Latest posts