This Will Make You Have A Bad Day

Help Support CattleToday:

Ol' 243

Reaction score
Went to check my cows this morning and my bull didn't come up, jumped on the Ranger and went and found him.

A guy from Auburn just left, they removed the brain stem and will have it tested, says it takes about a week and we'll know the cause. They actually paid me a hundred bucks for it. Now I'm only out 3400.00 instead of 3500.00 :D

Ol' 243":jaitqtja said:
Went to check my cows this morning and my bull didn't come up, jumped on the Ranger and went and found him.
Man that makes you sick at your stomach. Looks almost like he was shot. Any signs of struggle??

TexasBred":2psav2zl said:
Ol' 243":2psav2zl said:
Man that makes you sick at your stomach. Looks almost like he was shot. Any signs of struggle??

No sir, me or my neighbor would have heard it and he was 3/4 of a mile from a road. I noticed he was a little slow the last couple of days, but never down or not eating. I watched him breed one of my late calvers yesterday morning. She was the last one I was waiting on and I was gonna pull him out this weekend.

Bigfoot":st5xepvf said:
That is intriguing. Did they offer a suggestion?

He's a 5th year vet student at Auburn, said that it looked like a lot of internal bleeding, but there were no holes in him. I saw him at 6 pm yesterday afternoon, but he was really bloated when I found him this morning. He musta died shortly after I left there yesterday afternoon.

My neighbor happened to have his excavator about a 100 yards from our property line, the funeral was over in 10 minutes . . . . . . .lol

Did you cut him open and look for a cause of death? Milkmaid had a thread about doing an autopsy and what to look for awhile back. I'd sure like to know what happened to him.

I stated earlier that we had a brain stem sample taken and should get a result in about a week. The backhoe is just the way we bury dead animals, I've found it to be a tad bit easier than a shovel.

Latest posts