This Will Make You Have A Bad Day

Help Support CattleToday:

milkmaid":37r28wdb said:
Not going to find pneumonia, peritonitis, liver abcesses, urinary tract problems, or hardware in the brainstem...
didn't they cut the entire bull open?
They paid him $100 for the brain stem. He didn't pay for any postmortem work.
Auburn doesn't care why the bull died, the owner will never hear from them again.

They only wanted the brain stem for work on their experimental mind control device research for killer robots after
their colossal failure of trying to develop a secret race of 'pig people' warriors to invade North Korea.
All very Top Secret research. Only those of us who have gone through and passed the government ESP program have
the awareness of what's up. Now that City Guy is missing too... well you can connect the dots for yourself... but...
The Truth Is Out There.
:)

alisonb":26rhqw1j said:
But if you think about it... Animal seemed like it was in good condition, if it was something like pneumonia, peritonitis, liver abscesses, urinary tract problems or hardware the animal would have had shown some symptoms such as diarrhea, weight loss, heavy breathing, coughing etc.
The OP just says that bull was a little slow for a couple of days.
Well of course it was, ya can't just yank out a fresh untreated brain stem, otherwise they'd just go to the slaughter house.

Hope he gets to the bottom of it...
Be careful what you wish for... South Africa may be next ;-)

alisonb":33yujg54 said:
Bleeding out of the mouth but not the nose by the looks of pic and foaming(not pink but white) out of nose...is this what I'm seeing Ol ' 243??? No blood out of nose?
You seem to have a lot of questions.... you do realize curiosity killed the cat... hate to see anything happen to your
pretty little avator

Son of Butch":18373fe5 said:
alisonb":18373fe5 said:
Bleeding out of the mouth but not the nose by the looks of pic and foaming(not pink but white) out of nose...is this what I'm seeing Ol ' 243??? No blood out of nose?
You seem to have a lot of questions.... you do realize curiosity killed the cat... hate to see anything happen to your
pretty little avator

HAHA , somehow I don't think that's gonna be a an Issue

Son of Butch":3tr9wiyl said:
Be careful what you wish for... South Africa may be next ;-)
Probably here already, may even have started here :shock:

Yip...Always lot's of Questions and But's ;-)

Thee official report is "unknown natural causes" what kind of shyte is that? They did say no blackleg or other contagious diseases.

As a veterinary pathologist, I can assure you that we are not always able to determine a cause of death. Sometimes the best we can do is 'rule out' the common things that you or your veterinarian could actually do something about. It's as frustrating for me as it is for the producer and their veterinarian.
I can't even begin to hazard a guess as to why your bull is dead, 243, unless you've got a lot of clover in your pasture and he's a 'frothy bloat' case... but I can't tell that just from a photo of the animal.

The brainstem sample had nothing to do with determining cause of death. It's part of USDA/APHIS' ongoing 'passive surveillance' for Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy, aka Mad Cow Disease.
We routinely collect brainstem on every cow/bull over 20 months of age that comes through the diagnostic lab here, and submit for testing for BSE. There are federal funds available to support this surveillance... I don't see any of the $$$ they pay us, and don't know what they're currently reimbursing veterinarians and producers for collection and submission of samples, but the $100 payment is intended to help cover expenses associated with proper disposal of the carcass (not dropping it off in a sinkhole or dragging it off to the far end of the farm and leaving it for scavengers).

Blackleg would not be on my radar screen for a mature animal - provided they had a history of adequate calfhood vaccination against the Clostridium group of pathogens. The spores are in the soil EVERYWHERE, and can remain viable virtually forever! (40 million years+) Disturbance from the excavator probably doesn't increase risk significantly; they're already there.

Latest posts