This will be a very sad year

Help Support CattleToday:

jcummins

Reaction score
I retired a couple of years ago, in great anticipation of what's ahead in retirement. We intended to sell our house near Tomball, and build on my small acreage near Trinity. Over the last couple of years, the economy went bust, our daughter had a divorce, loosing my son-in-laws help, and other obstacles have gotten in the way. The short of it, we have decided to sell not only the ranch but our house too and relocate to Illinois, where we lived some 20+ years ago.

I have real mixed feelings about this, since I doubt I'll find property in Illinois that I will be content with, but I must admit, finances dictates we make a change. It has gotten very frustrating knowing what you want to do, but simply don't have the manpower or money to get it that way. www.circle4ranch.com has all the details. Besides the land, there is tractors, trailers, UTV and cows, household items, and later on our residence.. If anyone in my area is interested in any of the items, let me know. Be kind if you contact me. I'm usually fairly easy to get along with, but right now….I really am that grumpy old man.

Dang! I'm sorry you're having to leave Texas. Glad you have options. You take care now.

kerley":l87wrdoz said:
Will everything be better If you give up the things you love.?
~Tom.

For me...probably not. For other family members .... yes, provided we don't get burned on prices of what we need to sell.

I have no doubt some adjustments to do, perhaps reviving some past interests that I've not had time to do. No doubt, selling the ranch will open up some time for me. I will say, for the past two years, the only thing I've done is work every day on various things at the ranch. My wife thinks I'm going to have a heart attack in the middle of the pasture. I can think of many worse ways to go.

I have been accused of being overly opptomistic, but I can tell you what I know ~ sometimes things that, at the time, seem devestating happen, and the most amazing blessings result from them. I do not mean to minimize what you are yours are going through, I believe it is heartbreaking. But I encourage you to look forward with hope and faith.

sorry to hear that your selling out an moving.hope you find a buyer for your place soon.

Sorry to hear of your plight, but look on it as a new adventure and I've always found the things you are not looking forwards to always turn out to be the best thing ever, so chin up and smile you never know till you try. Good luck with what ever you do......take care.Chris

Sorry to hear things didn't work out.I might be interested in the welder do you have any pictures and how old is it?

EAT BEEF":1ro895m4 said:
Sorry to hear things didn't work out.I might be interested in the welder do you have any pictures and how old is it?

Not sure the age, we bought used 4 years ago. I'll see if there is anything on the welder, model number etc that will tell me. I will be taking some more pictures and will be sure and get the welder up on the webpage, sometime this week.

tncattle467":33h5fphp said:
That sucks,

I consider myself and my wife very fortunate to still have really good jobs and will continue making money. I plan to retire in about four years as DOE is tearing down all the buildings where I am working and pull out so the gig will be up. At which time I will retire.

Gee, we had another member from the past that worked foe DOE. I think his name was TMBP. Do you know him?
~Tom.

first read the book of Job in the Bible, then read a newer book, "Half Broke Horses", they'll both lift your spirits...
keep us posted...

Latest posts