This weeks Shopper

Help Support CattleToday:

MistyMorning

Reaction score
So I'm reading this weeks shopper (yes Warpaint I still have not gotten a life) and a couple of ads really jumped out at me. They are as follows:

Wanted: Old buses and vans to be used for storage.

Wanted: Porcupine skins

My thought on these was; and folks down South think they have the market cornered on redneck! Ha Ha Ha, welcome to rural MN :roll:

Gosh ~ I'm gonna have to start paying more attention to the shopper.

I was selling chickens once through ours. Some guy calls, wants to come get a couple. So he comes out and we are in the barn looking at the chickens and I ask which ones he wants, hens or roosters, what age etc... He says he wants 2 young ones, not fully grown, does not care if they are roosters or hens. I ask him what he wants them for, it is odd that he doesn;t care about color or gender. He says he is feeding them to his snake. :shock:

I said "Then we have just wasted each others time. You are not feeding my chickens to your snake."

Three times I got calls from people wanting just a couple for snake food. So the next ad in the paper states "Not snake food."

Teased me for a long time about it at the feed mill. I knew those jokers would get a kick out of it! :roll: :lol2:

I'll have to look in this weeks and see whats in there.....

Nope ~ nothing redneck about ours, just took a look. Course my problem is is that I might not recognize it ifI saw it ~ just seems like normal things to me. :shock:

Concealed carry cert classes $100. I thought they'd cost more than that....

angie":1k1r729k said:
I was selling chickens once through ours. Some guy calls, wants to come get a couple. So he comes out and we are in the barn looking at the chickens and I ask which ones he wants, hens or roosters, what age etc... He says he wants 2 young ones, not fully grown, does not care if they are roosters or hens. I ask him what he wants them for, it is odd that he doesn;t care about color or gender. He says he is feeding them to his snake. :shock:

Shhhhhhh Ang! John and Beefy though Zelda was a woman! :lol2:

MistyMorning":bvt7nosn said:
angie":bvt7nosn said:

Zelda wasn't a woman? :shock:

Alice

Alice":100w068i said:
MistyMorning":100w068i said:

Alice
Oh Alice ~ you crack me up!!
Say, theres an invite for you on the 18 bottles of whiskey thread. MM is ignoring it. I think she is cheap now. :roll:

angie":32cpw79a said:
Alice":32cpw79a said:
MistyMorning":32cpw79a said:

Alice
Say, theres an invite for you on the 18 bottles of whiskey thread. MM is ignoring it. I think she is cheap now. :roll:

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: Angie, you crack me up! :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Alice":2c2mb51o said:
MistyMorning":2c2mb51o said:
angie":2c2mb51o said:

Alice

:shock: :shock: Zelda wasn't a woman???

angie":2ve6ts7x said:
Cut it out Ang....I gave up drinking for Lent!

angie":3fmo3i2b said:
MistyMorning":3fmo3i2b said:
Cut it out Ang....I gave up drinking for Lent!
Yeah ya did ....... :roll:

BTW ~ the ladies where I work said to tell you "hi" ;-)

Well Ang, you are in luck today! Got my tax return and someone told me Lent was over so I'll be able to spot you and Alice for one or two. :D Now remember that is one or two, there's no way I can afford to replicate that last night in Alaska for you. :shock:

As far as the ladies go, give them a big hello from me and tell them I will see them all again this weekend! 8) Oh and could you send the darling deputy sheriff to pick me up again, you know the one who looks like Brad Pitt. ;-)

This just ain't right! First I find out that Zelda's not a woman, and now I find out that Angie works with someone who looks like Brad Pitt! I think those 18 bottles may be down to about 9.

MM, you still doing that prison ministry thing, huh? That's a pretty cheesy way to keep old Brad coming to pick you up. By the end of the weekend, those 9 remaining bottles are gonna be a pleasant memory...or a raging headache. Does Brad take you back home too? Forget I said anything about a headache. 8)

Alice

Alice":1ygeas08 said:
MM, you still doing that prison ministry thing, huh? That's a pretty cheesy way to keep old Brad coming to pick you up. By the end of the weekend, those 9 remaining bottles are gonna be a pleasant memory...or a raging headache. Does Brad take you back home too? Forget I said anything about a headache. 8)

Alice

Well yes Alice, I am still doing my "good works" down at Ang's Cop Shop. Thanks so much for asking about it. :D The ladies ask me tons of questions about life on the "outside". Generally, after I give them a rundown of my week, they chose to stay inside the joint and finish out their respective sentences, rather than take any early release offered. :shock:

As to that ride home, well.......... :secret: ;-)

MistyMorning":3skarniq said:
Alice":3skarniq said:

Alice

Well yes Alice, I am still doing my "good works" down at Ang's Cop Shop. Thanks so much for asking about it. :D The ladies ask me tons of questions about life on the "outside". Generally, after I give them a rundown of my week, they chose to stay inside the joint and finish out their respective sentences, rather than take any early release offered. :shock:

As to that ride home, well.......... :secret: ;-)
dang, I am never going to take a nap again!! I miss all the good stuff! :help:

MM ~ I have erased, for the last time, your name and number off the wall in the lounge! Cease and desist ~ they are mumbling about "destruction of gov property" :shock: I can only get your back so often.....

If you are willing to spot Alice and I a couple, I'm sure that'll be more than enough to get the party started ~ and a sure way for you to run into Brad as well. This time you will be riding in the back with Alice and I (I get the middle!!).

Last night in Ak? I really have no idea what you are talking about...... :mrgreen:

Chow chickies ~ I'm off to do it again!!!

(Man alive ~ this has to be a highjack record :shock:)

angie":13dykogx said:
dang, I am never going to take a nap again!! I miss all the good stuff! :help:

MM ~ I have erased, for the last time, your name and number off the wall in the lounge! Cease and desist ~ they are mumbling about "destruction of gov property" :shock: I can only get your back so often.....

If you are willing to spot Alice and I a couple, I'm sure that'll be more than enough to get the party started ~ and a sure way for you to run into Brad as well. This time you will be riding in the back with Alice and I (I get the middle!!).

Last night in Ak? I really have no idea what you are talking about...... :mrgreen:

Chow chickies ~ I'm off to do it again!!!

(Man alive ~ this has to be a highjack record :shock:)

Gee Ang, thanks for covering my back with that writing on the wall thing. Those silly "ladies" told me that those markers weren't the permanent kind. They told me they were the washable, scented kind. No wonder I can't seem to get the colored dots off the end of my nose! :roll:

As to this riding in the backseat, I don't think so, as I would imagine both you and Alice will need a window to roll down just in case your stomachs get a little unsettled from the party. :shock: Besides Brad told me I could ride in front again and this time I could play with some of the controls on the dash. :D

Latest posts