This rain has got me thinking...

Help Support CattleToday:

This thread died a long time ago but I have something to add. i have been looking at the Mycology dept gallery of Arkansas mushrooms & it sucks. i want to do further research. I am working on the picture taking part for now & trying to get a positive ID on each of them but not many ppl are familiar with the fungus of Arkansas. I would appreciate any help I can get. I have been going around asking farmers if I can explore their land to take pictures only. I do not disturb their cattle or property. I am respectful of their things. No one has told me no as of yet but it seems like I keep finding all the same species in my area. I hope to venture out when invited to do so. As of yet I have no critters. We are in a transition that took longer than we expected & recently had another set back with 2 deaths in the family. My husband promised that I could get critters when we get our land.

Jogeephus":1krpupee said:
Nah, as a coneseour of southern rock I maintain it was Molly Hatchett but Blackfoot also sang it but Hatchett was better. :nod:
Hatchett tried to ride on skynyrds coattail something Ronnie Van zant wouldnt do ;-) :hat:

ALACOWMAN":vibf0e9w said:
Jogeephus":vibf0e9w said:
Nah, as a coneseour of southern rock I maintain it was Molly Hatchett but Blackfoot also sang it but Hatchett was better. :nod:
Hatchett tried to ride on skynyrds coattail something Ronnie Van zant wouldnt do ;-) :hat:

Hatchett and Blackfoot were good. Skynyrd was great!

Jogeephus":1pbg0sq4 said:
ALACOWMAN":1pbg0sq4 said:
Jogeephus":1pbg0sq4 said:

Hatchett and Blackfoot were good. Skynyrd was great![/quote] yes they was... ;-)

All of the classics are great & much better than allot of the stuff out today. I personally love Janis Joplin, Eagles, CCR, Barry White & Snoop Dog

ok if we are going to hijack a mushroom thread to talk about bands i think The Allman Brothers need to be mentioned. lol.

irish":2e1cxnjx said:
All of the classics are great & much better than allot of the stuff out today. I personally love Janis Joplin, Eagles, CCR, Barry White & Snoop Dog

Snoop Dog?

Yes Snoop Dog. I do not like every song of his just like with any other artist. Some of his songs are bad a#*.
Hey I love that old song Rhinestone Cowboy !
As for them mushrooms I can talk about them all day so lets go mushroom thread man :)

john250":zi4gpilr said:
irish":zi4gpilr said:

Snoop Dog is a classic? Whoda thunk it.

I did not say he is a classic I said he is one of the artists I love. He has been around for a long time now though.

john250":29bzrtho said:
Irish, I have to tell you that I was stunned to hear there were "oldies rap" radio stations. I let my "Rolling Stone" subscription go dormant in the late 70's.
Guess you are old ? I was born in 73. Now days anything is possible. It has all been said & done.... very few shockers left in the world.

I have a question. WHY is it that farmers get mad about ppl sneaking onto their field just to pick mushrooms & leave not bringing any harm or damage to the cows or property ?
AND what are the chances of a naked woman in rubber boots getting shot while picking shrooms on private property ?

I am trying to put a sample of my work on here but it is a pain to post anything other than words on here

irish":1xtcfrid said:
I have a question. WHY is it that farmers get mad about ppl sneaking onto their field just to pick mushrooms & leave not bringing any harm or damage to the cows or property ?
AND what are the chances of a naked woman in rubber boots getting shot while picking shrooms on private property ?

I am trying to put a sample of my work on here but it is a pain to post anything other than words on here

Irish, if I come sit at your kitchen table, uninvited, chewin' and spittin' on the floor and on my way out I take your salt and pepper shakers--how are you going to feel?
Now, if naked women want to search my farm for mushrooms, and they ask me in advance, they will be welcome. Heck, I'll provide directions. Or you can PM Zelda. We loved to take the pythons out hunting for shrooms.
Certain height, weight minimums apply.

irish":1qq6conw said:

on my property not likely :( .... all i can get is hairy leg meth heads... but ill make this promise if a naked lady, stoned out of her head shows up i wont shoot . i will :banana:

john250":39h632mf said:
irish":39h632mf said:

Irish, if I come sit at your kitchen table, uninvited, chewin' and spittin' on the floor and on my way out I take your salt and pepper shakers--how are you going to feel?
Now, if naked women want to search my farm for mushrooms, and they ask me in advance, they will be welcome. Heck, I'll provide directions. Or you can PM Zelda. We loved to take the pythons out hunting for shrooms.

You are just mean :frowns:

irish":rqar0mx4 said:
john250":rqar0mx4 said:
irish":rqar0mx4 said:

You are just mean :frowns:

I was exaggerating to make a point. I would never spit on anyone's floor.

Latest posts