This one's for you, DUN

Help Support CattleToday:

El_Putzo

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay, but I'm finally getting around to posting the pics I promised. These calves were all right at a month old in the pics.

Here's the Feltons Domino 774 son I told you about:

774Son.jpg

Here's a Farley 24F daughter:

FarleyDaughter.jpg

A heifer calf from my cleanup bull, 70N who is a flush brother to LLL Affirmative 56N. That is Frankie (70N) in the background.

FrankieDaughter.jpg

And a couple of my brothers commercial cows. Mostly Angus but they may have some sim or herf way back in the bloodlines. Mother:

127.jpg

Daughter:

242.jpg

Sorry for the black and whites, I accidentally changed the setting on the camera and didn't realize it until I got home.

Nice calf.
I alwasy like to see a cow that puts her stamp on her daughters. That
is the kind of cow family I wish I could find more of.

Nice Calves! The Farley heifer is going to be a super heifer prospect for you.
By the way, whats all that green stuff, in mid-July up around the cows bellys?
Sure is nice isn't it!! Alot of grass around here also.
DFF

Very nice cattle, I really like the look of the Farley daughter. What is she on the bottom side?

those are some nice looking hereford calves.an they hitt the ground growing like weeds.

Dun, I forgot to add, those cows are due in September and they look like that on nothing but mineral and lots of good 'ol fescue. Those two black cows are two of the best on the farm, now if they were only herefords, and mine too.

For those who asked about the Farley daughter, the dam is a cow I bought from Bob Kauffman, Larry you probably know him. She is out of a 19D son and on the bottom she goes back to Feltons 468 and Mohican Tradition 530. She's an easy keeper with a ton of milk flow, I only wish she had more length and better udder structure. From talking to Wallace Lee, Farley should help both of those issues. I guess if she turns out come weaning time, I'll keep her around and find out.

I really thought I'd get some comments on the amount of chrome on the 774 calf. Some days you guys surprise me. :)

Larry, I have to admit, those pics were taken in mid May, but we do still have pretty good grass now yet. What do you expect when it rains every other or every third day.

dun":1pwb8sf5 said:
Do you have any senior Hereford cows you want to sell?

My oldest cows are 5 so I wouldn't call them "seniors" yet, but I do have 2 of them that I couldn't get AI'd last fall so they will be having baldy's out of my brothers Angus bull. They both got pulled down pretty bad with last summer's drought and just didn't put the weight back on until I weaned their calves in April. Both are doing well now. I guess maybe we should have supplemented a bit when the grass was burnt up last summer. The effects were that several cows didn't regain before calving season and thus didn't concieve on the first breeding or two. It seems that after we started feeding some good quality hay in December the cows started cycling better. I guess you live and you learn.

I've got a cow with very similar breeding to the dam of the Farley daughter you have. She is an OSU Tradition daughter, with many of the 15G type names in the pedigree, and on the bottom side going back to some Lamplighter. She is also easy fleshing and heavy milking, never weaned a calf under 500 without creep, and her udder is holding up well at nearly 8 years old.

Latest posts