This may help someone .. Hopefully not already shared

Help Support CattleToday:

I think it depends on what you are buying and for brewers grain in my area its sold in 24 ton increments one truck and it will be bagged I told the guy I wanted 48 tons by july/august so has a longer life

You have to have the Brewery close by to make Brewers Grain work.

Are they bagging it off the truck(as in a silage bag)?

I just bought 24 ton through my local feed store and had it delivered bulk. We put it under a pole barn. It has weathered very well and the waste has only been what the dang coons have eaten. Saved a bunch of money!!!

Howdyjabo":3hov35jq said:
You have to have the Brewery close by to make Brewers Grain work.

Are they bagging it off the truck(as in a silage bag)?

Don't quote me but I think you have to be within 200 miles I think of the brewery.... Yep it can go under a shed or be bagged im getting them bagged.

When we were a dairy I dealt with brokers a lot. Yes you are dealing with semi loads and even rail car loads unless you can split loads with another party like yourself. There are many individual products as well as mixed products out there and most may not work in your operation. However there can be significant performance and financial reward for your time and effort. If you have limited nutrition experience it may pay you to get some nutritional advise.

skyhightree1":tib4o77s said:
I found these folks and they are going to be supplying me with brewers grain. Check for what feeds in your area it may help you potentially.

http://www.csc-world.com/

This is who we use in Missouri. Thankfully, the brewery is less than 60 miles out. We get 24-25 tons at a time dumped into a 3 sided "bin". We did the bags the first year, but didn't like dealing with all of the extra plastic all of the time. We just tarp the feed now.

greatgerts":1r1abhgn said:
skyhightree1":1r1abhgn said:
I found these folks and they are going to be supplying me with brewers grain. Check for what feeds in your area it may help you potentially.

http://www.csc-world.com/

This is who we use in Missouri. Thankfully, the brewery is less than 60 miles out. We get 24-25 tons at a time dumped into a 3 sided "bin". We did the bags the first year, but didn't like dealing with all of the extra plastic all of the time. We just tarp the feed now.

The plastic will be used to cover my firewood or hay or something. I can find a use for it its 7 mil

TexasBred":1r1abhgn said:
CSC is a very large reputable company. You should get exactly what they promised.

Told me there brewers grain is dryer than most and higher protein and such

M-5":1z6y1ra3 said:
I know nothing about Brewers grain, IS it dry like oats and can it be stored in Grain bins ??

Its moist and is consistency of really thick oatmeal and you need to either have it in a bag or a pit like silage

J&D Cattle":1l9nlcme said:
I just bought 24 ton through my local feed store and had it delivered bulk. We put it under a pole barn. It has weathered very well and the waste has only been what the dang coons have eaten. Saved a bunch of money!!!

To clarify we bought Corn Gluten and not a wet product. Ours was $138/ton. Bagged Gluten here is $232/ton. I see where the company that was mentioned does sell several different products, Gluten included.

skyhightree1":29ytyes2 said:
M-5":29ytyes2 said:
I know nothing about Brewers grain, IS it dry like oats and can it be stored in Grain bins ??

It's moist and is consistency of really thick oatmeal and you need to either have it in a bag or a pit like silage
60-65% moisture?
Skid Loader required for handling?
How well does it feed in freezing weather?
I Would imagine a lot of spoilage 6-7 months out of the year, if not bagged or fed up fast enough.

Latest posts