This isn't Georgia. How's your weather?

Help Support CattleToday:

True Grit Farms

Reaction score

I figured I was going to freeze, but it's not to bad. Tomorrow will be the real test I'm going to meet up with a CT member in the snow belt. Hopefully I'll have a few more pictures to post. Stay warm friends.

We've had the worst winter on record. This is the first week above freezing since December. Several schools were shut down for a week after Christmas break, and usually the schools never close. There have been several roof collapsed, including several riding arenas and an onion shed. I'm about sick of winter and so is everyone else.

82, no rain for several weeks and none in sight for the next 3-4 weeks. Pastures will be burning up pretty quick

40.9C yesterday, that is about 105.6F in your language, been a persistantly hot summer but apart from the fried grass it has been tolerable, very few flies and other bugs even at night around the lights.

Ken

This is Georgia and you're missing out on springtime altogether while you're out galavanting around. Saw a nice 7 lb sheepshead at the fish market today. :D

Don't think I have ever seen such a roller-coaster winter weather. 30's to 70's in one day, then 50's for 2 days, then dropped from 50 at 4 am to 30 at 9 am to 26 at 9 pm, then not above freezing the next day, then back up to the mid 60's today. The wind has been exceptional here for the past several weeks. Very drying, and not much precip in sight. Not a good way to head towards spring.

True Grit Farms":1hqy0ceu said:

I figured I was going to freeze, but it's not to bad. Tomorrow will be the real test I'm going to meet up with a CT member in the snow belt. Hopefully I'll have a few more pictures to post. Stay warm friends.

Today was downright balmy. I had jacket off and sweat pouring when I was shoveling out gates and sorting cows today. Supposed to get a foot in the next 24 hours with some nasty wind though. Hold tight!

artesianspringsfarm":19r8qhrb said:
True Grit Farms":19r8qhrb said:

Today was downright balmy. I had jacket off and sweat pouring when I was shoveling out gates and sorting cows today. Supposed to get a foot in the next 24 hours with some nasty wind though. Hold tight!

Started to walk down to the river to get a picture of Boldt Castle all lit up, but the wind turned me around. It was raw out there tonight.

Got three inches of rain last week and temps stayed around 30 on Thursday and then it got to 70 and sunny Saturday.

Yesterday was 54 degrees and sunny. The snow from last Sunday is all gone. That snow and the rain that melted it caused a little high water on the river but it just flooded a few pastures and blocked a couple roads.

Here in Pennsylvania, we had a 63 degree day on Wednesday and then 4 inches of snow the next evening. Just recently got back up near 50 and dumped rain. Now we are having 40-60 mph. wind gusts and some power outages. But hey, at least the sun is out right now.

Latest posts