This is what happens when the neighbor's bull sneaks in..

Help Support CattleToday:

Son of Butch said:
Are you sure it was the neighbor's bull.... lol

Yep. He has some kind of belted Galloway cross. Bad thing is the wife loves the calf and wants to retain her. She thinks we need some more "interesting" cows. :help:

Lazy M said:
Son of Butch said:

Yep. He has some kind of belted Galloway cross. Bad thing is the wife loves the calf and wants to retain her. She thinks we need some more "interesting" cows. :help:
I totally get your wife! 8 years ago we had the quintessential red headed step child, compliments of our neighbors bull. Hubby wanted to sell her. Nope! And she's one of my best producers, I've kept all her heifers. Bless her heart, you can spot her a mile away. :heart:

https://i.postimg.cc/bZf17Jcm/IMG-20190516-085541011.jpg

It might have been Marko (Sire of the cow here).. He made some fancy colors.. She's makes nice calves, this is her first one.

I do like a bit of color.. I think the calf in the pic is quite nice, nothing too extravagant but you can tell who she is.

That offer growth is the first thing I noticed... Five bucks say she's pregnant...

I bought a belted heifer a couple years ago to throw in some more diversity in my herd. I'm wanting a heifer out of her to retain, so of course she has had two bull calves.

Lazy M said:
Son of Butch said:

Just like vehicles, two tone cows are much more interesting to look at than single tone.

ALACOWMAN said:
How old is the heifer?

I believe she was a Jan calf. The other spring calves started dropping in late Feb. I got lucky that the sucker didn't nail a bunch of others. The neighbor sold him soon after and I sold him one of my older bulls for kill price. At least now I won't care too much if his bull visits..

What's the difference in size between the Belted Galloways and your cattle? Is she too small for your bull?

Latest posts