this is tragic

Help Support CattleToday:

GMN

Reaction score
A few weeks ago this lady and her Dad came out to by some bull calves from me, we ended up talking for 3 hours about farming, and other things. I was glad my calves were going to such a good home. I was reading the paper today and saw that a young boy had drowned in his pool in the backyard, and wham-it hit me that it was the son of the people who bought my calves. I just got a sick feeling, even though I did not really know them that well, I still feel very bad for them.

GMN

We're all connected-sometimes the thread is thiner than silk,but it's there. I'm sorry for their loss.
Should you send a card?

Sending a card or flowers would be a nice gesture.

Just sent flowers to a family we knew pretty much just in passing. The dad died in a motorcycle crash and his wife died in 2002. Left behind 2 boys and a 2nd wife.

GMN":xvricmeg said:
I just got a sick feeling, even though I did not really know them that well, I still feel very bad for them.
GMN
Not telling you what to do, but I sent a card to a lady I knew and cared about, but was not real close too when one of her parents died a few years ago.
I saw her recently for the first time in 10 years. She grabbed me and hugged me and told her how much that card meant to her. I had completely forgotten about the card.

You never know when a small thing on your part may be a big thing to someone else.

My MIL likes to send gift certificates from the florist. People often get tons of flowers for the funeral, and the gift certificate lets them get replacement flowers later on if they like.

Latest posts