This is the 12 mile long road we live on

Help Support CattleToday:

Friend got game cam pics of a big male a couple of weeks ago. It's within a half mile of where I hunt. It was definitely one of the biggest I've seen around here.

bears are no big deal...

I am trying to get a shot of the lion that the game departments says is not here. have talked to four people who have seen it and i have seen the tracks.

Had a bear and two cubs on the back side of my hay field last year. Took me by surprise for sure since I only see bears maybe once every two years.

Pdfangus, I used to see cougars on a fairly regular basis but was told we didn't have them either. They told the same thing to a fella up the road and he got tired of their patronizing attitude so he shot it the next time he saw it. They freaked out and it looked bad for the fella but how can they fine a fella for shooting something that don't exist?

We have a ton of bears and cougars. A few years ago I was getting pictures on a game camera of a big boar black bear in one of my pastures. At the same time about a half mile away down the valley a guy was getting pictures of a little two year old bear into the apple trees behind his house. And up stream about a mile a friend was getting pictures of a sow with 2 cubs. Since they shut down all the hounds in about 1996 but the bear and cougar population has exploded. The game dept in all their wisdom says the cougar population isn't that high. They say that the boot hunters are killing about the same number of cougars as the hound hunter use to. They fail to notice that back in hound hunting days it was real rare for deer or elk hunter to stumble on to a cougar. The increase in kills by boot hunters might just be because of a dramatically increased population.

Jogeephus":3i05yra7 said:
Had a bear and two cubs on the back side of my hay field last year. Took me by surprise for sure since I only see bears maybe once every two years.

Pdfangus, I used to see cougars on a fairly regular basis but was told we didn't have them either. They told the same thing to a fella up the road and he got tired of their patronizing attitude so he shot it the next time he saw it. They freaked out and it looked bad for the fella but how can they fine a fella for shooting something that don't exist?

it is simply the double standard of government in amerika today....
do as I say and not as I do...
the laws apply to you and not to me...
the party has spoken...

we see bears all the time...and it is the reason I carry a gun all the time...if I am going to be in a more remote area I carry a bigger gun...more populated area a smaller gun...too old to fight and too young to die.

True Grit Farms":n5fyhs3i said:
How do you capture a bear with a camera. A picture is worth a thousand words but capture isn't one of those.
You capture an "image" of the bear, it's all semantics.

Dave":2ay4ev8n said:
They fail to notice that back in hound hunting days it was real rare for deer or elk hunter to stumble on to a cougar. The increase in kills by boot hunters might just be because of a dramatically increased population.

Their sitting in a meeting or in front of the computer all day in the A/C might hinder their ability to see that though. Just saying maybe.

Jogeephus":1r9alzbq said:
Dave":1r9alzbq said:
They fail to notice that back in hound hunting days it was real rare for deer or elk hunter to stumble on to a cougar. The increase in kills by boot hunters might just be because of a dramatically increased population.

Their sitting in a meeting or in front of the computer all day in the A/C might hinder their ability to see that though. Just saying maybe.

That is exactly where they are. I know because occasionally I end up in those same meetings.

dun":3cp8lp2l said:
http://www.lebanondailyrecord.com/news/local/article_3d02f0f8-1c73-11e6-8c0f-6753750eae17.html

Nice theres about a good amount all around my place they don't mess with the cattle but they will wear your fruit trees slam out and corn.