This is sad

Help Support CattleToday:

I got one thing to say, terrible for the child, but c'mon now, how can you live in a house and not know it has rats, to do that kind of damage to a baby, must have been infested, and where were the parents? Surely the baby must have been screaming his/her head off while this was going on-no excuse for that. The parents blame the landlord, they need to blame themselves-

GMN

GMN":kdn1vfp2 said:
I got one thing to say, terrible for the child, but c'mon now, how can you live in a house and not know it has rats, to do that kind of damage to a baby, must have been infested, and where were the parents? Surely the baby must have been screaming his/her head off while this was going on-no excuse for that. The parents blame the landlord, they need to blame themselves-

GMN
that's so they can sleep a night.................no way would i wait around on a landlord to make a move ..

I live about 1 1/2 - 2 hours up the road from New Orleans and every time I go there it's like entering an alternate universe. It's an Incredibly historical and once beautiful city that has been overrun by dependency. I bet 70% of the people down there call the govt. or the landlord when their light bulbs burn out.
It's very sad

I should think that a baby would be screaming while this attack was going on. I feel sorry for the loss but I also believe that the parents should be held responsible. There are rat traps and poisons. Rats freak me out. I had one in my rubber boot once and didn't know it. I stuck my foot in there to find something blocking the toe. One look inside and saw something furry. Cole ate it for me.

Lammie":2q3yexae said:
I should think that a baby would be screaming while this attack was going on. I feel sorry for the loss but I also believe that the parents should be held responsible. There are rat traps and poisons. Rats freak me out. I had one in my rubber boot once and didn't know it. I stuck my foot in there to find something blocking the toe. One look inside and saw something furry. Cole ate it for me.

I've had rats in the house. Most folks have had rats in the house. I controlled the rats.
If they are bold enough to get into the baby's room, there was likely more than one. Like they say, if you see one there are 20 more. You don't miss something like that, but some folks will go into denial. Pet food always lured mine into the house. It is the occupants duty to control the varmints. A landlord can't come over every day and make sure the dog food is all containerized. And clean off the kitchen counters. A lot of folks think their rent should include maid service. (btw, I hate rats worse than snakes. )
Negligence.
Had a tenant in an old farmhouse who complained the furnace ran all the time. She had covered the thermostat in clothing, effectively insulating it from the room. She had no concept of the thermostat being related to the furnace. Had a guy place a waterbed (it was the 70's) on an uninsulated concrete slab and complain that it was sure using a lot of electricity. He had no concept of thermal transfer. None.
Lammie, if your heart didn't explode when you found that critter in your boot I predict heart problems won't kill you. I was driving the grain truck once, with my faithful Springer Spaniel, Jed. Of a sudden, Jed was on the floor (passenger side) and a second later he was back in his seat with a big rat, dead. I was still in the farm driveway, so I just stopped until I composed myself and complimented Jed and removed the rat. I miss that dog.

john250":2igujz7f said:
Lammie":2igujz7f said:

I've had rats in the house. Most folks have had rats in the house. I controlled the rats.
If they are bold enough to get into the baby's room, there was likely more than one. Like they say, if you see one there are 20 more. You don't miss something like that, but some folks will go into denial. Pet food always lured mine into the house. It is the occupants duty to control the varmints. A landlord can't come over every day and make sure the dog food is all containerized. And clean off the kitchen counters. A lot of folks think their rent should include maid service. (btw, I hate rats worse than snakes. )
Negligence.
Had a tenant in an old farmhouse who complained the furnace ran all the time. She had covered the thermostat in clothing, effectively insulating it from the room. She had no concept of the thermostat being related to the furnace. Had a guy place a waterbed (it was the 70's) on an uninsulated concrete slab and complain that it was sure using a lot of electricity. He had no concept of thermal transfer. None.
Lammie, if your heart didn't explode when you found that critter in your boot I predict heart problems won't kill you. I was driving the grain truck once, with my faithful Springer Spaniel, Jed. Of a sudden, Jed was on the floor (passenger side) and a second later he was back in his seat with a big rat, dead. I was still in the farm driveway, so I just stopped until I composed myself and complimented Jed and removed the rat. I miss that dog.
It was nice of you to name your dog after me :lol: edit. I forget the seriousness (sp) of this post, I shouldn't have posted that. I'm sorry.

john250":1wrjwwv0 said:
Lammie":1wrjwwv0 said:

Nothing is worse than snakes. NOTHING! :mad:

I don't know about that, Ryder. I had rats once in another house I was living in, (put the dog food in a plastic bin and they ate through that), and I was digging around in the pantry only to find one staring back at me. I keep a clean house, but there he was. Everytime hay was bailed they would seek shelter indoors. It will unnerve you. That's why I have my wiener dogs. Natural rat hunters. He was up on a high shelf, probably to get away from the dogs. Once I knocked him down they made short work of him.

Ryder":fi1fxvq8 said:
Snakes look evil. :help:

I'm with ya 100% Ryder, I'll bait, hunt, trap, rats, but I aint never heard of snake poison, if I had my way I'd kill every snake on earth, I don't care what they do.

Larry

That's a sad story, but as has been said where were the parents when that poor babby was screaming in pain. And you can't tell me you don't know you have a mouse, rat problem. If you see just one and you are worried about your kids go around and fill in the holes yourself, if your landlord wont do anything about it, then take him to small claims court for the money you payed out, if you feel so inclined, but my kids safety would come first. in these cases isn't it always someone elses fault, poor doesn't always mean stupid.

Several years ago (I think he has passed away now) I knew a young man in a local town close by. I never knew his real name, he was always referred to as "photo" or at least I thought that was what they called him. As time went by someone asked one of his brothers why they called him photo. He said what they were saying was slang for "four toe" because a rat had chewed his little toe off on one foot when he was a baby. I thought it was a joke but that wasnt the case. It really had happened. A lot of crazy things happen in this world that people never know about.

Circle H Ranch

Hate snakes too. Have been using a snake repellent called Shoo Snake. Spray it around doorways of sheds and our outside laundry. They have been known to frequent. The makers say snakes can't stand the smell of it. There's a fair bit of anecdotal evidence about over here.
Colin

Latest posts